Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the 2010 911 TURBO PDK beat the current z06 from a roll?

Because the old 911 turbo lost from highway rolls and dead stop.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Think the original assumption is wrong... As proven by the best motoring guys:

Note the title has it wrong, its ZO6 vs. original 997 turbo tip

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I know from experience that if you punch the throttle of a Z06 in 1st gear it'll break the rear tires loose. The Turbo is AWD, and won't. So I would bet on the Turbo every time to win on a roll. The most recent issue of Car & Drivel pits a 2010 Turbo against a ZR1, which is quicker than a Z06, and the Turbo out-accelerated the ZR1 through the quarter mile and on a roll. Once you get above a certain power level RWD doesn't seem to be enough to translate the power to motion efficiently.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, that latest issue of Car and Driver has the Porsche 911 turbo at 0-60 in 2.9s and 11 flat in the quarter - unbelievable!! To my knowledge there are only two cars quicker to 60 and that would be the Bugatti Veyron and SSC Ultimate Aero - kind of elite company.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, that latest issue of Car and Driver has the Porsche 911 turbo at 0-60 in 2.9s and 11 flat in the quarter - unbelievable!!
Thanks to PDK with launch control and all wheel drive (yea the 500 ponies helps too)! To be honest the straight line numbers are nice but I prefer the balance and refinement.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I've owned a Corvette. I have a 2010 911 Turbo. I have had several Corvettes, Ferraris and a Lambo up against me on a track from a start. I'm unbeaten! There is nothing like the 2010 911 Turbo. The quality of the 911 is far superior in every way. I wish I had never wasted money on an inferior Corvette. Fortunately I sold it off!

·
Caymaniac
5,655 Posts
I've owned a Corvette. I have a 2010 911 Turbo. I have had several Corvettes, Ferraris and a Lambo up against me on a track from a start. I'm unbeaten! There is nothing like the 2010 911 Turbo. The quality of the 911 is far superior in every way. I wish I had never wasted money on an inferior Corvette. Fortunately I sold it off!
Was that a $150,000 Corvette? ;)

You have to admit that for the price, a Z06 is a heck of a lot of performance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I owned a new C5 for 24 months. When I turned it in I counted 22 Shop tickets where I had to bring it in for repair. what a lemon. Have not had a single problem with my 2008 C2S.

·
Caymaniac
5,655 Posts
I owned a new C5 for 24 months. When I turned it in I counted 22 Shop tickets where I had to bring it in for repair. what a lemon. Have not had a single problem with my 2008 C2S.
Assuming your time is worth something...:)...that cuts into that "bang for your buck" argument a bit.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The current 997T strenght is it's ungodly off-the-line acceleration.
In person these cars look like Top Fuelers in the way they 'launch' ....

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Was that a $150,000 Corvette? ;)

You have to admit that for the price, a Z06 is a heck of a lot of performance.
It may be a heck of a lot performance but you get what you pay for with a Corvette. Which is a lack of quality craftsmanship around a powerful engine. Corvettes are a dime a dozen. I wish I had driven a Turbo before I bought the Corvette. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I owned a C6 Z06 for a while. Ungodly fast but very unsophisticated. It was fun for a couple of months but I yearned for something that gave feedback. Quite happy with the CS.

All the media reports I've seen agree with prior posters: 997tt is faster than the Z06.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Ran with one on track a few years back - very fast car, but when his engine blew at 155...it was all she wrote for that car.

Kwality with a K.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love both Corvettes and Porsches. But what everyone forgot to mention, was the ZR1, yet slower to 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. The ZR1 is faster on the track!!!! WOW!! times have changed. It has always been that the Vette would be faster and the Porsche better handling and out did the Vette at the track. Now the #'s have changed.

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
I love both Corvettes and Porsches. But what everyone forgot to mention, was the ZR1, yet slower to 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. The ZR1 is faster on the track!!!! WOW!! times have changed. It has always been that the Vette would be faster and the Porsche better handling and out did the Vette at the track. Now the #'s have changed.
Porsche knows the mid-engine platform is the fastest around the track, followed by front engine. Economics and Tradition keeps the obsolete rear engine platform in production.

Cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts