Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few productive hours today there's now an option for adding a module to overcome the auto start/stop 'feature' in the 958.

T-Design was here today and used my '17 GTS to determine the programming necessary for their add-on memory module. This module remembers whatever you have set up for Sport, PSE, Auto Start/Stop, Ride Comfort and Height.

It's plugged in-between the button module in lower center console and the rest of the harness. It's a small 3x3" module that fits nearly in free space already present inside the console. Once installed it listens for the button settings and stores them. When you start the car it automatically re-sends those settings.

Here's a short clip showing it in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRdIsfAGDN8

What's missing is programming for the Sport+ mode. I don't have that option in my GTS, so there wasn't any button data for them to sample. They're still looking to find someone with a 958 that has Sport+.

But right now if you don't have Sport+ the module is ready to go. It's using the same hardware as their other Porsche modules (but the button programming IS different). And if you have Sport+ the module will still work, just not for tracking the Sport+ module (so let them know if you want to be a test sample).

Porsche Accessories and Mods - Sport Button Mod

· Vendor
6,514 Posts
Bill,

It was a pleasure working with you on this!

Just one edit - we don't do suspension and height. Just A/S/S, Sport and PSE!

Reactions: wkearney99

· Vendor
6,514 Posts

· Premium Member
130 Posts
I'm using this module in my 2012 CTT. My a/s/s stays off when the button is in the off position, what I use the module for is to keep it in sport mode. I love it.

· Administrator
2,202 Posts
Oops, I didn't realize this thread was 4 years old.
Not a problem. The thread is still applicable.. people still get pissed off at the auto-start/stop.

Reactions: marinerbcfc

· Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My auto start stop doesnt come on.....no errors.....the red light is constantly on at the button in the centre console.
Am I missing something?
Include a year/model of your vehicle when asking questions. We're not mind-readers.

Start/Stop depends on the battery, how old is the one in there now? Lifespan on most auto batteries is 5 years.

· Registered
55 Posts
Edited my post.
Since the car is new to me (2013 Cayenne S) I checked the battery...its 2017 so on its way out probably!

Start/Stop depends on the battery, how old is the one in there now? Lifespan on most auto batteries is 5 years.
[/QUOTE]

· Administrator
2,202 Posts
The Start/Stop function also depends on the year of your Cayenne - the early 958's stayed off once turned off (my '11).. indeed I was surprised by the engine stopping when I got the car back from a shop. They'd switch on the Start/Stop function. Once I realized there was a light not on in that area of the console I remembered that the car had that capability.

Not sure when they switched to it automatically turning back on for every start. @9000RPM has been poking around the advanced programming for a Cayenne and might be able to tell you if that can be switched to be like the early 958's.

· Registered
10 Posts
The Start/Stop function also depends on the year of your Cayenne - the early 958's stayed off once turned off (my '11).. indeed I was surprised by the engine stopping when I got the car back from a shop. They'd switch on the Start/Stop function. Once I realized there was a light not on in that area of the console I remembered that the car had that capability.

Not sure when they switched to it automatically turning back on for every start. @9000RPM has been poking around the advanced programming for a Cayenne and might be able to tell you if that can be switched to be like the early 958's.

Auto start/stop could not be disabled permanently on 958.2 ( 2015+) by programming , only the installation memory retained T-Design method can do that.
i have tried every possible filed using Launch x431+ nothing worked on 2016 CTT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.