Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few productive hours today there's now an option for adding a module to overcome the auto start/stop 'feature' in the 958.

T-Design was here today and used my '17 GTS to determine the programming necessary for their add-on memory module. This module remembers whatever you have set up for Sport, PSE, Auto Start/Stop, Ride Comfort and Height.

It's plugged in-between the button module in lower center console and the rest of the harness. It's a small 3x3" module that fits nearly in free space already present inside the console. Once installed it listens for the button settings and stores them. When you start the car it automatically re-sends those settings.

Here's a short clip showing it in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRdIsfAGDN8

What's missing is programming for the Sport+ mode. I don't have that option in my GTS, so there wasn't any button data for them to sample. They're still looking to find someone with a 958 that has Sport+.

But right now if you don't have Sport+ the module is ready to go. It's using the same hardware as their other Porsche modules (but the button programming IS different). And if you have Sport+ the module will still work, just not for tracking the Sport+ module (so let them know if you want to be a test sample).

Porsche Accessories and Mods - Sport Button Mod

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
Bill,

It was a pleasure working with you on this!

Just one edit - we don't do suspension and height. Just A/S/S, Sport and PSE!

Reactions: wkearney99

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I'm using this module in my 2012 CTT. My a/s/s stays off when the button is in the off position, what I use the module for is to keep it in sport mode. I love it.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Oops, I didn't realize this thread was 4 years old.

·
Administrator
'11 Cayenne TT, '09 Boxster
700 Posts
Oops, I didn't realize this thread was 4 years old.
Not a problem. The thread is still applicable.. people still get pissed off at the auto-start/stop.

Reactions: marinerbcfc

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And the mod is still working exactly as designed. It's been seamlessly handling the start/stop function without fail since installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts