Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Doing some googling, it seems people are able to get this done in the UK to get about 30 more hp/torque and getting rid of the dip between 2500-3500, but I can't find any info in the US. Anyone know?

Im trying to figure out how to get rid of the dead stop acceleration hesitation issue since intake/exhaust upgrades helped but didn't fix the problem. I think just a little bit more torque would do the trick.

edit: seems bgb can do it based on another thread

·
Registered
174 Posts
SpeedArt has a tuning program for 981s but I would be very skeptical of their claims to substantially increased power. The 2.7L motor is already at 100 hp/liter. I doubt you can go higher than this -- and still retain reliability -- without upgrades to the manifold, exhaust, etc. Plus, you will almost certainly blow your warranty.

Btw, I drove a 2.7L 981 for 2 years and didn't experience any hesitation issue. There's not a whole lot of torque even at the peak, let alone down in the rev range, but that's a function of it being a small, high-rev motor. No ECU remap is going to change that.

If you really need more power and torque than you have, I think you're only real option is to do what I did: upgrade to an S or GTS.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm fine with the 2.7L power (plenty of power at 3000+ rpm) and am more looking to get rid of the issue. I do have intake and exhaust upgrades, so logically should be able to get more out of the engine...obviously not going to double the power or anything, but +20-30 hp/torque is reasonable.

If you floor the gas pedal at a dead stop in 2.7L PDK, revs will climb to about 4000, sit there for a brief second, and the continue. It doesn't happen from a rolling stop (like about 10 mph+) and going downhill makes no difference. I tested another brand new 2.7L PDK boxster at the dealer and it did the same thing. It seems like a programming issue.

You can't get a GTS anymore and I'm not going to take a ridiculous depreciation hit and restart my car loan for an S. I'd get the 3.8 swap long before then.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I'm fine with the 2.7L power (plenty of power at 3000+ rpm) and am more looking to get rid of the issue. I do have intake and exhaust upgrades, so logically should be able to get more out of the engine...obviously not going to double the power or anything, but +20-30 hp/torque is reasonable.

If you floor the gas pedal at a dead stop in 2.7L PDK, revs will climb to about 4000, sit there for a brief second, and the continue. It doesn't happen from a rolling stop (like about 10 mph+) and going downhill makes no difference. I tested another brand new 2.7L PDK boxster at the dealer and it did the same thing. It seems like a programming issue.

You can't get a GTS anymore and I'm not going to take a ridiculous depreciation hit and restart my car loan for an S. I'd get the 3.8 swap long before then.

If it is a base Boxter, they also have a throttle closing map issue of the 3.4. (this is only on the Boxster 2.7, not the Cayman), so you could benefit from a reflash. If you are in the US, contact John @ BGB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts