Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running 4 inch exhaust tips on the 981? Curious how they look and who carries them.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I am running Flowmaster carbon fiber tips on a Fab Speed X-pipe. The exhaust is actually 3 inch pipes but the o.d. of each carbon fiber tip is 4 inches. This is what it looks like.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Thanks a lot. Any idea if anyone sells 4” tips (no cf cover). Similar to this. See attached.
Not off hand. The only reason I went with the Carbon Fiber is I wasn't happy with how far the Fab Speed black chrome tips stuck out.

539 Posts
We can offer single wall 4" tips with our X-pipe. It's not an option we normally offer as they could potentially melt the bumper surround if they are not positioned down far enough for track use.

-Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We can offer single wall 4" tips with our X-pipe. It's not an option we normally offer as they could potentially melt the bumper surround if they are not positioned down far enough for track use.

-Mike
Mike I have the GT4 rear valence/diffuser with a PSE. Was looking to fill up that space. Not recommended?

539 Posts
Mike I have the GT4 rear valence/diffuser with a PSE. Was looking to fill up that space. Not recommended?
I don't recommend it, but we've had a 987.2 Cayman S of ours run them for some time without issue. Single wall tips will heat up much faster than double wall tips and it could cause issues from aggressive driving.

-Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts