Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

301 - 320 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Has anybody seen a head to head compo between a 981 GTS and a 981 S yet? I would be very interested to see something where the cars are similarly spec'd to see how much difference there is. I suspect this may be something not officially endorsed by Porsche...
There is one that I know of, can't remember where I read it, they had the base, S, and GTS, the review was that the base is fine on public road, it lacks power on the track. The S and GTS felt the best on the track and can't really tell between the S and GTS in terms of hp. The writer said, I will assume the GTS is faster b/c it has a few more hp. The GTS sounds the best. I remember a picture of all three on the track, appears to be going downhill, almost looks like Laguna Seca. I have many car mag subscriptions so can't recall.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: TopGear Magazine and the new GTS

The magazine isn't exactly like the t.v. show. That said, the fact that they had anything favorable to say about a Porsche speaks volumes. Clarkson & crew pan anything that isn't built in the UK.
I agree that Clarkson is a pretty lightweight entertainer and has little to add to any meaningful technical reviews. However, I can't agree that the TG crew are xenophobic. For example - May and Hammond are both confirmed Porsche fans. May also likes small Fiats and Hammond loves American muscle cars.

Who really cares what Clarkson likes, but he certainly loves the Bugatti Veyron and absolutely loathes Vauxhall's.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Surprised the M4 beats the CGTS. But interesting that the CGTS (I assume with 6MT) is a second faster than the 981C PDK around a pretty short track.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Surprised the M4 beats the CGTS. But interesting that the CGTS (I assume with 6MT) is a second faster than the 981C PDK around a pretty short track.
Yes, I believe the CGTS was a manual.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The CGTS manual had the x73 Sports suspension & PTV where as the CS PDK had the std. non PASM suspension and no PTV which I guess makes quite a difference on track.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Re: Another Cayman GTS review

The Cayman GTS will be on Top Gear (Series 22, Episode 05) this weekend (Sunday, February 22nd). Hammond will be behind the wheel, and comparing it alongside a (possibly UK spec) C7 Chevrolet Corvette. I assume it'll be the Sapphire Blue press car we've seen many times already.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
There is one that I know of, can't remember where I read it, they had the base, S, and GTS, the review was that the base is fine on public road, it lacks power on the track. The S and GTS felt the best on the track and can't really tell between the S and GTS in terms of hp. The writer said, I will assume the GTS is faster b/c it has a few more hp. The GTS sounds the best. I remember a picture of all three on the track, appears to be going downhill, almost looks like Laguna Seca. I have many car mag subscriptions so can't recall.
Here is an Auto Express video review of the GTS with some advice on whether to just buy an S instead…

http://youtu.be/LtiWAGHG7Mw

·
Registered
146 Posts
Reactions: canux

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm just interested to see if there is any difference in how the cars drive. Couldn't care less about the price. Sorry!
Has anybody seen a head to head compo between a 981 GTS and a 981 S yet? I would be very interested to see something where the cars are similarly spec'd to see how much difference there is. I suspect this may be something not officially endorsed by Porsche...
Perhaps this: Your guide to choosing the right Boxster or Cayman

301 - 320 of 337 Posts