Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Full Ack! It is beyond me why anyone would use the harddisk if 64GB USB sticks can be bought for $20
I think the navigation system requires a hard disk for its own map data to reside in. They're simply allowing you to make use of the remaining free space and calling it out as a separate premium feature.

Reactions: Lime-Gold

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
So the question I have is that if you order the:
Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System

Which includes these features:

• BOSE Surround Sound System
  • Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
  • Navigation Module
  • SiriusXM® Satellite Radio ReceiverHD Radio Receiver
  • Online Services (which includes the AHA app integration)

I can't tell if it includes every piece of:
CDR Plus Audio System

Which includes these features:

• CDR Plus (I think so, yes)
  • Universal Audio Interface (this appears to be missing)
  • Sound Package Plus (The Bose Infotainment system has "more")
  • SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver (yes)
  • HD Radio Receiver (this appears to be missing)

The "Universal Audio Interface" is the USB port, with the ability to play a usb stick or an iPod that is plugged into it via the PCM controls. The Bose Infotainment does indeed have this feature.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Certainly makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
In more closely reading the Porsche site and some other info from members here I have gathered that: Cayman S has CDR with Sound Package Plus. This means that music from phone or other device is thru the Aux In with a degradation of quality from BT or USB. You can buy a BT Aux In converter from a third party. Music is controlled by and only shows on the phone. Can connect phone for calls only through BT.
CDR Plus is $1700 extra and gets you a higher resolution screen, Sirius/XM, HD radio, and Universal Audio Interface. UAI means that your music from phone or other device shows on PCM and can be controlled on the car and your phone can be controlled and seen on the car as well. UAI was demonstrated for me yesterday with my iPhone.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I know its been stated before, but not sure about the accuracy. Do we know for sure that CDR+ allows BT streaming of music? I think it's pretty much a known fact that PCM allows it, and that the base CDR does not. I also read in another thread that album art is not functional when using BT streaming; you have to be connected through USB when streaming in order to see the album art.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I know its been stated before, but not sure about the accuracy. Do we know for sure that CDR+ allows BT streaming of music? I think it's pretty much a known fact that PCM allows it, and that the base CDR does not. I also read in another thread that album art is not functional when using BT streaming; you have to be connected through USB when streaming in order to see the album art.
No art. Also the Bluetooth streaming is very, very limited in functionality. (i.e. a waste of time. As it has almost no control from the PCM display, even with the max PCM options.)

Reactions: M. Schneider

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Spreadsheet has been revised with everyone's suggestions, corrections, and additions. The Porsche website and configurator clearly disagree on various points, so it's best to confirm everything with your dealer when ordering.

View attachment 981 Audio options v.3 5-19-14.pdf

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Spreadsheet has been revised with everyone's suggestions, corrections, and additions. The Porsche website and configurator clearly disagree on various points, so it's best to confirm everything with your dealer when ordering.

View attachment 47745
Looks great, nice work. Should help many who have not yet ordered.

One item I am not sure of: doesn't the PCM have universal audio in? I thought PCM could do everything CDR+ could do, plus nav.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Looks great, nice work. Should help many who have not yet ordered.

One item I am not sure of: doesn't the PCM have universal audio in? I thought PCM could do everything CDR+ could do, plus nav.
One would think so, but the website is very unclear depending on where you look. Also, sometimes "universal audio in" references USB/iPod/AuxIn, other times it refers to "AuxIn in the glovebox" only. Another area where it's best to get it in writing at the time you order.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,086 Posts
Thanks for the spreadsheet! Great idea to make this Sticky as the audio system was and still is the most confusion option for me to decide.

However, as far as I know the S and GTS models come with Sound Package Plus as standard (9 speakers, 235 Watt). Also CDR+ and PCM will have a higher resolution 7" screen. If someone can confirm you may want to update the spreadsheet.
Followed closely by the leather options and differences between S, base, full leather, extended leather and partial leather. The configurator is not very good in this area as well. It would be nice to have a spreadsheet on this topic too.

Nice job KCZ! Nicely done and I am sure many will use this spreadsheet.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Very nice sheet.

I think the base 981s with the CDR+ option , $2400 include the 'Sound system plus'.
On S & GTS model 981s with the CDR+ the price is $1700, this make sense since the Sound system plus' is included as standard.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Followed closely by the leather options and differences between S, base, full leather, extended leather and partial leather. The configurator is not very good in this area as well. It would be nice to have a spreadsheet on this topic too.

You'll have to find someone who actually understands this topic first. :hilarious:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts

View attachment 47745
I'm hoping SPP is standard cuz I'm not adding any audio or infotainment options to my CS.

How do they state "partial leather seats" when none of it is leather??? Well, unless you tag leather package. I don't get it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm hoping SPP is standard cuz I'm not adding any audio or infotainment options to my CS.
This is what Porsche says under the GTS's standard equipment:

"CDR audio system with Sound Package Plus - 9 speakers and 235 Watt output, 7-inch color touch screen, AM/FM radio with double tuner, single in-dash CD drive, also plays music in MP3, AAC and WMA format"

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
This is what Porsche says under the GTS's standard equipment:

"CDR audio system with Sound Package Plus - 9 speakers and 235 Watt output, 7-inch color touch screen, AM/FM radio with double tuner, single in-dash CD drive, also plays music in MP3, AAC and WMA format"
I'd assume that is the case for the GTS. Although CS 'standard features' on the configurator specifies the same, I'm not holding my breath.

Btw, would I be correct to assume your screen name is in reference to Horology? Let me guess, Big Pilot fan/owner?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
21 - 40 of 78 Posts