Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, magnetic numbers don't work so well with aluminum doors (fail on my part......lesson learned). What are you guys doing for numbers that won't bugger the paint and can be reused for multiple events.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
you can get plastic cling-on numbers ( see my picture) that work quite well.

google race numbers to find vendors ( don't remember mine...)

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
You can get any size, color, font you want in reusable numbers from Solo Time.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't fret buying magnetic for the first time....I did the same thing and watched them fall on the ground when trying to attach them.

I use IZoomGraphics.com for my numbers. They are high quality and I get several sessions out of them. My tip is to purchase the numbers on a single sheet versus individual numbers. They adhere better and last longer if you keep the surfaces clean on the car and the sticky side. I can go over 150mph and they never come off. See my gallery for examples

·
Registered
475 Posts
I made my own. 1 time use. Printed numbers on computer/printer then used an exacto knife to cut them out of shelf paper (slightly sticky on one side) found at Walmart or anywhere. Cheap, simple, it works.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I use painters tape!

I had some cling numbers, but they were a PITA to put on if there was a hint of wind and would come off easily if it started to rain (which it seems to do on AX weekends here). I went back to the tape after they flew off and got all screwed up one event.

You can do magnetic numbers, but just not on the door. The rear fenders will accept magnetic numbers, but still advisable to tape the edges to prevent them lifting.

·
Registered
534 Posts
At the last PCA event I was at, nearly everyone there used the blue painters tape to make their own numbers. It wasn't terribly pretty, but it worked and was cheap.

2Q7C5748.jpg

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I asked if I can put the numbers on the fender just in front of the door. This is the response I got:

It really doesn’t matter WHERE they are. as long as we can tell WHO you are when on the track.
So I went ahead and ordered magnetic numbers. Hopefully they'll work and last a long time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts