Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey guys, my backrest seat lever broke, any idea how to replace it? Part #3 in the diagram above. Dealer wants $500 just to “diagnose it”. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The lever (#3) is removed by lifting up, inserting a screwdriver from underneath and pushing up to unlock it from the metal lever (this is the bit that does the work to unlock the seat back) that is inside. As it's broken already you need to remove the remaining plastic surrounding the metal lever inside.

Once you have done this just get a new part (#3) and push it on. Screen shots from the workshop manual below.

$500 to diagnose is just plain funny.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would make sure there is slack on the cable before you remove the handle, best way would be to have the seat tilted forward

·
Registered
302 Posts
Unrelated to the control button, does anyone have a part number(s) for the Air Bag covers displayed (missing) in the Illustration of the seat back? I need to replace mine as they are sticky/deteriorating. Does the cover include the entire side Air Bag or is it just a cover? I can't find the part in my manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts