Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Porsche Prophet
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took in my 2013 Boxster for its 20,000 mile service (don't ask about the cost - that is another new thread in itself!) and was told that the rear tires were just about gone...

Running the following sizes - Front - 235/40ZR19 Rear - 265/40ZR19 the brand is GOODYEAR and they are the original tires...

The question are - replace the rear two only?

If I replace the rear two only - do they need to be the same original GOODYEARS?

Can I get two from a different brand (Pilot Super Sports)? and run them with the original GOODYEARS on the front?

Your thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
You can do whatever you want but the recommendation is:

The question are - replace the rear two only?
If the fronts are good, yes

If I replace the rear two only - do they need to be the same original GOODYEARS?
YES, and the same N-spec number. For example, if the fronts are N0, then the rears must be N0. If you can't get N0, then you should get 4 new tires, like all N1.

Can I get two from a different brand (Pilot Super Sports)? and run them with the original GOODYEARS on the front?
NO

See http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=26&currentpage=38

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,107 Posts
Another rear tire replacement question that has been covered numerous times on here. Why?

·
Porsche Prophet
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the fast reply...I kinda knew that was the situation - but just wanted to bounce it off the "experts"

·
Registered
786 Posts
The best handling is always with the same tire on all 4 corners. I would always recommend to match and on your car the rears are always going to wear much faster on the back. I would put the Goodyears on this time and then look at options the next time when you need to replace all 4. If I can help let me know.

·
Porsche Prophet
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey - thanks again for the info...my intention is to replace the rears with the original Goodyear's as soon as I get the resources together - probably next month - I will give you a call...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts