Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Planet-9,

First time poster and soon-to-be first time Porsche owner here. I've been doing some research on the 981 Boxster and the 718 over the past few weeks trying to decide what's best for me. I've landed on a 981 Boxster S manual with ventilated seats and the Bose sound system. Some other options would be nice, but only those are mandatory. Reading through the great information available here has helped quite a bit in that process (I was considering going without ventilated seats in FL, so thank you). Anyway, I did some analysis on available 981 Boxster Ss and thought it might be something people here would find interesting.

Here's a scatter plot with mileage and prices broken up by year for the 157 981 Boxster Ss listed online (2 listings were ignored due to missing prices, 7 were ignored for missing mileage) for sale in the U.S.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/nicholas.vogler#!/vizhome/981BoxsterAvailabilityAll-Y/M-P

I filtered this to those with manual transmissions below, but soon came to realize most dealers cannot accurately determine whether or not a clutch pedal exists.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/...ome/981BoxsterAvailabilityManuals/M-PwManuals

When I find some more free time I'm going to work on parsing the descriptions to play around with options and maybe stumble on some interesting relationships. Looking forward to joining the club!

Edit: Listings came from 'Cars-com' and all the data used should be available at the links

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Really shows the effect / correlation between mileage and price.

You'll see a big drop next yr on 2013s as their warranty drops off. That has a big effect on price.

(I could have done this with SAS). :hilarious:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Nice work...thanks for posting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.