Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
And not particularly good for long trips/touring.

That said, can't refute they bring the sexy.
Tried 'em yesterday. They do look great and are supportive - at least laterally. I find the lumbar support decidedly lacking, unfortunately. People have pointed out that you can use a lumbar cushion to add some comfort, but still...

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
People have pointed out that you can use a lumbar cushion to add some comfort, but still...
$5400 and you have to augment them to provide proper support. They should put the description in the catalog, they'll fly off the shelves.;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Anyone know the reason for stop on the following for GT4/Spyder? TIA
On the GT4 threads the colours mentioned are:
Sapphire Blue
Carrara White
Carmine Red, last one not for Spyder

Apparently those colours give a 'Stop Order' but is that only for GT4 and why, just seems odd

·
Registered
48 Posts
Those three colors will not be continued(as of 3/28/2014) any further on future models and have stop orders to prevent those colors to carry over into 2016 pre orders of cars like the GT4

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Those three colors will not be continued(as of 3/28/2014) any further on future models and have stop orders to prevent those colors to carry over into 2016 pre orders of cars like the GT4
I wonder if this applies to other models? I see Sapphire Blue is still on the configurator for the BGTS...

·
Registered
737 Posts
Pretty sure anthracite brown is the only colour actually discontinued for the 2016 cars.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So was just pointed out that the rear wheels are an inch wider (10.5, vs. 9.5 on other Boxsters, and 11.0 on the GT4), despite the purported section width still supposedly being 265. I'd expect section width to be more around 285, which considering the larger engine and torque, would only make sense (not to mention that'd be stretching those 265s a bit). Thoughts?
Actually what's the difference between the spyder wheels and Carrera S wheels for 981? They look like the same lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes the Carrera White is the color for the NY Auto show and promo car, I had the same question and my SA was able to give a definitive answer.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Actually what's the difference between the spyder wheels and Carrera S wheels for 981? They look like the same lol.
I think they are slightly different and supposed to be lighter. Note that the Carrera S wheels are already the lightest among at least the 20" wheels for the 981 base/S/GTS (I think the GT4 wheels may be lighter).

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I have looked at these pics a thousand times. Trying to be objective, I still can't get past the lines of the car vs the GTS. I think the (2015) GTS front end looks better straight on and from the side. I know it is awesome for function, but the front lip and vented hood seem to cut the car up. The humps are cool, but that ducktail seems out of place.

However, those buckets are NICE! If they had them for the GTS, I would have thrown practicality out the window and ordered them. It is kind of like knowing that the girl is crazy but you date her anyway. LOL

just my opinion on aesthetics.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #198 (Edited)
I have looked at these pics a thousand times. Trying to be objective, I still can't get past the lines of the car vs the GTS. I think the (2015) GTS front end looks better straight on and from the side. I know it is awesome for function, but the front lip and vented hood seem to cut the car up. The humps are cool, but that ducktail seems out of place.

However, those buckets are NICE! If they had them for the GTS, I would have thrown practicality out the window and ordered them. It is kind of like knowing that the girl is crazy but you date her anyway. LOL

Yeah I know what you mean. The front doesn't bother me at all because I equate it to a GT3. I didn't like the ducktail either at first but it has grown on me. I LOVE the humps but it could use a trunk with vents in the middle. Overall, I love the car. If the stars aligned I would be on the waiting list. Argh.

...and Yes, I have dated those girls..... :)

Reactions: SteveInNJ

·
Premium Member
744 Posts

I guess I am a bit biased, but for the light colored BGTS as well as CGTS they look a bit funky when seen from the front due to the 2 tone color of the front bumper. That was probably done to emulate the 918 spyder but it doesn't look quite right, at some angles it looks like the front bumper is floating/missing some pieces. The body colored GTS style bumper offered on the regular 981's look a bit better, but you still notice the little transitions in the intake area.

The 2 tone color scheme on the GTS becomes a bit less prominent on darker colored cars.

Attachments

181 - 200 of 216 Posts