Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I seem to have a rattle noise between 900 and say 1200 rpm. The Porsche sports exhaust is not engaged.

I have uploaded a video of the sound on YouTube. Anyone got any ideas what this is?

thanks, Matt

2013 Porsche 981 Boxster (42k miles)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
This seems to be an issue going back over multiple variants, A Google search of "981 Cayman exhaust rattle" will bring up a few more recent threads on the subject, and changing the search to Porsche Cayman exhaust rattle will result in discussions going back years.

I dont know the final diagnosis as Im not going to read through all of the threads, but just informing you that you may be able to get there faster with a Google search rather than waiting for an answer here. Many of the search results will come back to this forum or others

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
So true

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a '05 997 and lately started to notice a pretty loud rattle noise at around 3k RPMs. I don't hear it at idle or any other RPM, as I accelerate it becomes obvious at 3000 then disappears again.
I've done much searching, 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 looked around in the engine bay and don't see anything obvious. Any suggestions for what might be the cause?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts