Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 47k miles on the car, and on cold mornings, after starting up the car, after being parked overnight, I am having difficulty getting it into reverse. I have to put it in second, then it will go into reverse. And recently, until the car has warmed up a bit, it's also difficult to get it into first—I have to wiggle the stick a bit to get it into first. But after the car warms up a bit after driving it around, the problems getting into reverse and first goes away. I brought it to the dealer, they didn't look at it because I didn't have time to leave it over night so they can reproduce the issue. But a technician said that it sounds like the transmission fluid may be getting think, and that's why to problem only appears when the car is cold.

Does anyone know what the problem may be? Should I just change the transmission fluid?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I use to have that problem on some mornings with my 987 CS. I always thought it was just cold transmission and thick fluid and yes I would shift it into 2nd gear, which has syncros, in order to get everything aligned and then it would slip into reverse. I don't think it is an issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts