Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster. I pulled the trigger on a custom order 981 base, stripped down to keep things within my budget. The car just arrived at port in GA and should be at the dealer just in time for Christmas :)

Agate Grey Paint
Agate Grey / Amber Orange
6 Speed Manual... that's it
http://www.porsche-code.com/PF1SJGD5

Negotiated $51098 and no dealer fee in Charlotte, NC.

I would have loved matte black 19's but I couldn't justify the extra expense. Has anyone powder coated the stock 18's?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Hey congrats! I love that interior combo, so awesome. Some members have painted/powder coated the stock 18s and they look much better dark imo.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I like it and at very good price. I like the look of the 18" wheels just fine.

Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster. I pulled the trigger on a custom order 981 base, stripped down to keep things within my budget. The car just arrived at port in GA and should be at the dealer just in time for Christmas :)

Agate Grey Paint
Agate Grey / Amber Orange
6 Speed Manual... that's it
http://www.porsche-code.com/PF1SJGD5

Negotiated $51098 and no dealer fee in Charlotte, NC.

I would have loved matte black 19's but I couldn't justify the extra expense. Has anyone powder coated the stock 18's?

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
That's great. I love that color combination interior too. Looks like you got about an 7% discount on an ordered Cayman. Nice work. Hope you enjoy your new Porsche in great health. Be sure to share photos and your experiences.

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
As for 19s - you might try selling your wheels here (or on other P-phorums) while they are new, and get black 19". Check out 808 from Wheels Dynamics, sponsor here. They go for around 1600 for a set. You'll need tires also, but after selling your Porsche 18s, the difference might be not that big.

Here is mind 808 19"s. I love them:

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Think you did fine.

You also ordered a 981 base as it should be - limited options. I wanted this initially, but then found I can get a car off the lot with lots of options and at a higher discount...bottom line was I'd get the options and pay only slightly more than when ordering a stripped down base. Now that I have the options, I'd find it hard to go back...I wish they'd make more equipment standard and stop nickle and dim'in us... ie, why would they make a speaker upgrade option... everyone should get those because stock speakers don't cost anymore than bose.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
You did great! Congratulations. A base Cayman with limited options is an awesome car. You CANNOT go wrong. ...and that is from a guy who got a 981 BS with 20k in options. You will be VERY happy.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Oh boy, you are going to have an excellent Christmas! :dance:

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
You will have a ball. I have a few options but the 2.7L.......my personal choice always includes the HIDs and I wanted PDK. But, that is why they are called options and choices.....we each get to buy what we want. Best of luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The weather finally was conducive to taking a couple of pictures... Love the car so far but this break in period is killing me!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The weather finally was conducive to taking a couple of pictures... Love the car so far but this break in period is killing me!
That's a really sharp looking Cayman. I like the look of the stock wheels. Nice contrast versus Agate Grey.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts