Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
981 Cayman-Boxster Carnewal "GT" Exhaust mod & Cantrell Motorsports Bolt-in Roll bar

Hello everyone,

This is Justin from Cantrell Motrsports. I'm checking in to let you all know about our latest and very popular Carnewal GT exhaust mod for the 981 Cayman and Boxster. And to also let you know about our latest Bolt-in Roll Bar kit for the 981 Cayman. I'll post a couple of before and after sound bites of the Carnewal GT exhaust mod and add the links to our website for both the Carnewal page and our Bolt-in roll bar.

Thank you

Before

After

Carnewal GT exhaust [video]http://www.cantrellmotorsport.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&c ategory_id=95&Itemid=117[/video]

CMS 981 Cayman Bolt-in Roll Bar [video]http://www.cantrellmotorsport.com/index.php/shopping-cart?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl &product_id=29&category_id=398[/video]

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,767 Posts
Re: 981 Cayman-Boxster Carnewal "GT" Exhaust mod & Cantrell Motorsports Bolt-in Roll

My car has over 100K miles, can I still do an exhaust swap?

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Re: 981 Cayman-Boxster Carnewal "GT" Exhaust mod & Cantrell Motorsports Bolt-in Roll

I just placed an order! That "after" video was awesome! Just the small push I needed. Next up.. Cargraphic.

·
Registered
35 Posts

My car has over 100K miles, can I still do an exhaust swap?

I think the 981 bit has more bearing than the 100k miles... ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts

Hey Justin. I am interested in the Carnewal GT exhaust mod for my '14 Cayman S. Can you tell me exactly what is done to the exhaust and if there are any proven performance enhancements versus just a change in tone?

·
Premium Member
87 Posts

Hello everyone,

This is Justin from Cantrell Motrsports. I'm checking in to let you all know about our latest and very popular Carnewal GT exhaust mod for the 981 Cayman and Boxster. And to also let you know about our latest Bolt-in Roll Bar kit for the 981 Cayman. I'll post a couple of before and after sound bites of the Carnewal GT exhaust mod and add the links to our website for both the Carnewal page and our Bolt-in roll bar.

Thank you

I have tried contacting you via e-mail and PMs, and haven't had a response. I want an update on my order placed 23/10.

Thanks.

drive safe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hello,

Thank you for your order! I have sent you multiple emails regarding your order. At this time we are sold out of the 981 mufflers and are waiting for a couple to show up hopefully soon. As soon as they arrive, we'll modify it and ship it same day.

sorry for the wait!

Justin

·
Premium Member
87 Posts

Hello,

Thank you for your order! I have sent you multiple emails regarding your order. At this time we are sold out of the 981 mufflers and are waiting for a couple to show up hopefully soon. As soon as they arrive, we'll modify it and ship it same day.

sorry for the wait!

Justin

Thanks again Justin!

I'll be waiting anxiously! :hilarious:

drive safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hey Guys
I recently got my Carnewal GT exhaust modification back from Justin at Cantrell Motor Sports. The process was very easy and fast. As soon as I removed the mufflers and packaged them, I sent them to Justin. As soon as he received the the mufflers, he made the modifications and put them back on the delivery truck the same day. My car was only down for a week. Unfortunately, my RS60 exhaust tips had not arrived yet, so I had to remove the mufflers twice. That is OK as I was very anxious to hear how it sounded. Even with the stock tips, it made a huge difference in the quality of the sound and there is no resonance or drone. I have the RS60 installed now. Not sure I can tell much difference in the sound, but it sure does look better. To me, it was worth every penny. When driving around slow speeds, the sound is not too loud, but when you jump on it, there is a noticeable difference. I mean it sounds like it ought to. The factory option of the sport exhaust to add to my sport button would have been in the neighborhood of $4500 or more. You can't beat this for the price and I don't need to stinkin' button to make the exhaust sound good. It just sounds good all the time. The sports mode button still does whatever it does to the throttle and that's fine with me, although I am not sure why Porsche even has a button for this. The throttle thing should be there all the time too.

A big thanks goes out to Justin at Cantrell Motors Sports and his crew that did the job. I highly recommend this. Removing and installing the exhaust is not at all that hard if you are good with tools at all. There is a video someplace here that shows you how to do it. :)

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts

...The sports mode button still does whatever it does to the throttle and that's fine with me, although I am not sure why Porsche even has a button for this. The throttle thing should be there all the time too...
You are absolutely correct about this. Luckely for us there is a mod for that too! Porsche Accessories and Mods - Sport Button Mod

·
Registered
499 Posts

Hey Guys
I recently got my Carnewal GT exhaust modification back from Justin at Cantrell Motor Sports. The process was very easy and fast. As soon as I removed the mufflers and packaged them, I sent them to Justin. As soon as he received the the mufflers, he made the modifications and put them back on the delivery truck the same day. My car was only down for a week. Unfortunately, my RS60 exhaust tips had not arrived yet, so I had to remove the mufflers twice. That is OK as I was very anxious to hear how it sounded. Even with the stock tips, it made a huge difference in the quality of the sound and there is no resonance or drone. I have the RS60 installed now. Not sure I can tell much difference in the sound, but it sure does look better. To me, it was worth every penny. When driving around slow speeds, the sound is not too loud, but when you jump on it, there is a noticeable difference. I mean it sounds like it ought to. The factory option of the sport exhaust to add to my sport button would have been in the neighborhood of $4500 or more. You can't beat this for the price and I don't need to stinkin' button to make the exhaust sound good. It just sounds good all the time. The sports mode button still does whatever it does to the throttle and that's fine with me, although I am not sure why Porsche even has a button for this. The throttle thing should be there all the time too.

A big thanks goes out to Justin at Cantrell Motors Sports and his crew that did the job. I highly recommend this. Removing and installing the exhaust is not at all that hard if you are good with tools at all. There is a video someplace here that shows you how to do it. :)

hey! Great to hear, Would it be too much to ask for some videos? The price is very attractive for the carnewal but there aren't many videos for the 981 mod. Is your car a 981? I see a 987 in your avatar

·
Registered
69 Posts

Hi - Couple questions:

How much is it to send the mufflers back? Do you know relative cost?

Also, what is involved with the install is it welding or just connecting via bolts?

This would be for a 2013 Boxster S, PDK.

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts

It's about $650 total. See Cayman/Boxster "GT" Exhaust 987 or 981 (Buy it now)

Pretty sure it's all bolts to remove/install-no welding.
I saw the cost.

I was asking if I pay the $1150 up front and get $500 back... how much will it cost to ship back the OEM mufflers? I was hoping some people who have done this can chime in with the price.

Also, thanks for the note about all bolts. I was unsure if you had to cut/weld the mufflers back in place so that's why I was asking.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts

I like this mod idea... The stock exhaust on the base sounds great and has be second guessing switching to aftermarket...performance gains seem to be the pushing factor really. Question for OP, are there any performance gains from this and are the units you sell new or "modded returns."

Not doubting credibility, but the videos posted showing the sound are hard to judge. I recorded my stock exhaust multiple times with different results...one of which sounded like the "after" video. Could perhaps provide more clips (maybe drive by comparisons)?

·
Registered
188 Posts

I saw the cost.

I was asking if I pay the $1150 up front and get $500 back... how much will it cost to ship back the OEM mufflers? I was hoping some people who have done this can chime in with the price.

Also, thanks for the note about all bolts. I was unsure if you had to cut/weld the mufflers back in place so that's why I was asking.
I sent my exhaust to them from Ct. It cost around $80.00. I packaged it myself.

·
Registered
69 Posts

I sent my exhaust to them from Ct. It cost around $80.00. I packaged it myself.

HUGE reply. Thanks so much. Not all that bad (I am in NJ so I expect it to be around the same).

So when the mufflers came and you swapped them. Did they just bolt on or was welding involved? Who did the install and what did that run?

Thanks again!
Mike

·
Registered
781 Posts

I'm a little apprehensive about this mod and what truly is going on because I feel like we are getting little tid bits of information every few weeks...

1) what is total cost?

2) can you send a system first which we pay "more" for and then we get a return when we send out exhaust system in?

3) member experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
781 Posts

Anyone on here actually have this modification completed by Cantrell on their 981 and care to share their experience?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts