Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought my 981 base cayman few months ago. 29000miles mid 2013.
Besides 2 new front tires, aircondition condensers and pipe, and a service with BMC air filters added.... wanted to bring the car up to a good standard when it comes to looks.

Therefore full car detailing including removing covers underneath the car and cleaning it, interior shampoo, leather conditioning inside including removing of chairs for better cleaning, paint back bumper, fixind some tends, covering some stone chips and scratches, polish and ceramic. In addition prodection added on brakes and rims and some tape beneath engine's cover plastics to minimize noise that was coming from them on bad roads

Sharing a video of the process with some before and after photos. had to reduce quality so i can upload

Enjoy 馃檪

https://vimeo.com/355887141

ECU remapping coming up over the next few weeks with before and after dyno results

Edit : Video re-uploaded. Please let me know if thr link is working now

Registered
Wow appreciate you want us to watch the video but at that quality could not watch more than 2 secs, awful quality of video.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
After washing it tonight
Basalt black

Unfortunately someone intentionally scratched it a few days ago. Have an appointment tomorrow to check my options. Especially the one above the front wheel looks horrible!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Not that it makes any difference now, but unfortunately I am sure it was intentional as i know when and where it happened. At a store's parking where i went for 10 minutes, park away from other cars so they will not slam it with a door...

Registered
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Any chance the store has video they can supply to you and/or the police?

They tried to help. The cameras don't cover the spot and there was other ways to approach the car. Plus I parked a bit far in the open parking to avoid car doors hitting me as car vandalism is not very common in my country but hitting you with the doors is!

Appreciate the comments from everyone.
As finding the asshole is not possible so i tried not allowing it to spoil the pleasure of owing this car. Its my daily and only car and its easy to get paranoid everywhere i go. I will keep trying my best prodecting it with out ruining the experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts