Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
34,418 Posts
why? it's an axle hub dyno...
Maybe it was my phone but I thought I saw something like 200-something hp and 400 something ft/lbs of torque which can't be right...

Ahhh now I see newton meters and kilowatts.... those silly metric scales! :) :)

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
why? it's an axle hub dyno...
Maybe it was my phone but I thought I saw something like 200-something hp and 400 something ft/lbs of torque which can't be right...

Ahhh now I see newton meters and kilowatts.... those silly metric scales! :) :)
Its scaled improperly. TQ and HP should cross at 5250.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Its scaled improperly. TQ and HP should cross at 5250.
Maybe I am missing something from an earlier discussion but I don't understand what would make this a constant, modifications to the engine should move this point depending what thos modifications are...?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Maybe I am missing something from an earlier discussion but I don't understand what would make this a constant, modifications to the engine should move this point depending what thos modifications are...?
Yeah it's just because of the fact that the formula for horsepower is:
[h=5]HP = Torque (ft-lb) x RPM ÷ 5252[/h]So when you're at 5252 rpm the result of 5252/5252 is 1. Thus HP = torque at 5252 RPM so the lines have to cross there unless you use a different scale for each.

But that's only if you're using ft-lb and horsepower as a units. The plot with kW will have used this formula: Power (kW) = Torque (N.m) x Speed (RPM) / 9.5488.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts