Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the PDF of the Panamera Owners Manual (not the iManual, the full one over 300 pages) and the 987 Cayman but nothing for the 981 Cayman; do these exist somewhere? I have a 2016 Cayman GTS on order and it would be great to read up before the car arrives. I searched but haven't seen any mention here in a year or so. Thanks.

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I've seen the PDF of the Panamera Owners Manual (not the iManual, the full one over 300 pages) and the 987 Cayman but nothing for the 981 Cayman; do these exist somewhere? I have a 2016 Cayman GTS on order and it would be great to read up before the car arrives. I searched but haven't seen any mention here in a year or so. Thanks.
People have been searching online for a pdf version of the 981 owners manual unsuccessfully for 3 years now. You can buy a paper copy from Suncoast for $40.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The 3 year search is over. I found a PDF of the full 981 Cayman manual (for Cayman, Cayman S, Cayman GTS) on the Porsche Delivery iPad app. The app's not much use, but under resources there are three PDF's available including the Owners Manual from 3/14 (WKD 981 00 21 15); it's 277 pages and about 10MB. If you want to have the actual PDF (not just view it on your iPad), then back up your iPad (after you've downloaded the app) using iTunes, and then extract (unzip) the app file found in your iTunes folder. Here's a post from a Macan forum that speaks to how you find the PDF HowTo: extract PDF manuals from Delivery app - Porsche Macan Forum

I have a 2016 Cayman GTS to be delivered in the next month or so; for those who have recently received their cars, is this the current owners manual?

Anyway, its nice to read up in advance and to have a searchable soft copy. Thx.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The 3 year search is over. I found a PDF of the full 981 Cayman manual (for Cayman, Cayman S, Cayman GTS) on the Porsche Delivery iPad app. The app's not much use, but under resources there are three PDF's available including the Owners Manual from 3/14 (WKD 981 00 21 15); it's 277 pages and about 10MB. If you want to have the actual PDF (not just view it on your iPad), then back up your iPad (after you've downloaded the app) using iTunes, and then extract (unzip) the app file found in your iTunes folder. Here's a post from a Macan forum that speaks to how you find the PDF HowTo: extract PDF manuals from Delivery app - Porsche Macan Forum

I have a 2016 Cayman GTS to be delivered in the next month or so; for those who have recently received their cars, is this the current owners manual?

Well that's all well and good, but I'm one of the three people in the world who doesn't have an iPad. Is there an option for the three of us?

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts

As was noted above, why force people to go to another site and use a device they don't have to try and get a file they want? If you have extracted the PDF file for the 981 simply UPLOAD IT to our FILES section please so it will be available for everyone no matter what device they are using. Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still pretty new here, thanks for suggesting the upload file feature. Uploaded file a few minutes ago - apparently in moderators queue. Happy to help. I'll have to take another look this weekend, there may be other PDF's that would be interesting to the forum (eg Boxster manual) that are available from the Porsche Delivery app (it's not much good for anything else).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So is this in the files section or still in the queue?
I don't see it in the Cayman manuals section. I uploaded shortly after K-Man S suggested I do so yesterday morning. Not sure what is taking so long or if there was a problem with the upload (received a confirmation that upload was in moderators queue, so don't expect there was a problem with the upload).

K-Man S, can you confirm that the file has been properly uploaded? Again, having not done this before, I don't know what the normal time is before the uploaded file appears on this site. Many thanks.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
I don't see it in the Cayman manuals section. I uploaded shortly after K-Man S suggested I do so yesterday morning. Not sure what is taking so long or if there was a problem with the upload (received a confirmation that upload was in moderators queue, so don't expect there was a problem with the upload).

K-Man S, can you confirm that the file has been properly uploaded? Again, having not done this before, I don't know what the normal time is before the uploaded file appears on this site. Many thanks.
It's been approved and made available. For some reason the moderator queue didn't send me an alert that the file was awaiting approval so I didn't see it until I saw this topic thread again. In the future feel free to send me a PM or Email to draw my attention to an uploaded file.

The Files are approved and here: http://www.planet-9.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=3

Enjoy!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Is there a Boxster manual in that app that could be pdf'd and uploaded, too?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Impending delivery tomorrow so I downloaded the Cayman manual from the files section. Many thanks to rbmid6 for uploading it!

Came across this reassuring bit (bold font added by me):

Operating the Multi-FunctionDisplay on the Instrument Panel

On the multi-function display, you can viewinformation relating to the relevant vehicleequipment, operate the audio source (radio, CD,iPod, etc.), check the oil level, check the tirepressure, use the stopwatch or operate thenavigation system.

You can also modify different vehicle settings inthe “Vehicle” menu.

It is not possible to describe all details of thefunctions in this Owner’s Manual. The examplesclearly demonstrate the functional principle andclarify the menu structure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Happy to help. The other nice thing about the PDF version of the manual is that it is searchable. I've put it on my Android phone (Nexus 6P) so if I'm ever having a hard time finding something, I have quick access.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just took delivery of my Cayman GTS on Friday. The Cayman manual I uploading is fairly current (from latest Porsche iPad "Delivery" app) but not the most current. For those who care, uploaded manual is 275 pages (part# WKD 981 00 21 15, 03/14) while the one I received with my car is WKD 981 00 21 16, 03/15 and is 277 pages. Similarly the PCM manual uploaded is WKD 952 021 14, 02/13 (200 pages) and the one that came with my car is WKD 952 00 21 15, 07/13 (204 pages).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts