Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

181 - 200 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Turbos sound meh. That said, the Cayman sounded ... ok ... but honestly, I've heard more impressive farts. Not a great vid IMO.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Re: TopGear Magazine and the new GTS

Interesting. In what region does the GTS come with 19's??

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts

That is the same press car we have seen hundreds of times (note license plate). Porsche must have changed the wheels for some reason.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

·
Registered
4,711 Posts

wow, that actually put me to sleep
I actually enjoyed watching it, but that guy is NOT much of a car guy. He seriously said that the only time to ever turn off traction control is at low speeds when you just want to play around and do donuts or something. LOL!!

I laughed when he was showing off the acceleration and did the whole thing with his turn signal on. :D

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
The best part was hearing him say the full word for PDK.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts

I admired how he discussed the tail end of the Cayman and noted that he thought it was a more beautiful design than the 911. I agree.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts

Interesting. In what region does the GTS come with 19's??
I was wonder the same thing...
That is the same press car we have seen hundreds of times (note license plate). Porsche must have changed the wheels for some reason.

The reason is fairly simple: Starting in October, it is the law to have winter tires (not sure if all season qualify) in Germany. Thus Porsche will equip their press cars (and the cars you do Euro delivery) with winter tires which only come in 19" I think.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts

Interesting!! So the best time to do Euro-Delivery is in early October where you can drive the tires off it all you want, and it will still show up later with brand new ones?

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts

Interesting!! So the best time to do Euro-Delivery is in early October where you can drive the tires off it all you want, and it will still show up later with brand new ones?
That's what I did... Took delivery mid-October, drove 3000 spirited miles on Porsche's winter tires, and then at the end got my new 20" PZeros back on for the delivery at home.

181 - 200 of 218 Posts