Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody know what the thickness is for new stock brake rotors? I know the wear limit is new-2mm, but I can't find any reference to what new is for a 2014 981CS. I did a fair amount of searching, and found answers for 987.1 and 987.2 but not 981.

Isn't always the case that right after posting you have a light bulb moment and find the answer.

Brake disc thickness, new (front) 34 mm
Brake disc thickness, new (rear) 30 mm
Brake disc minimum thickness after machining, front 32.6mm
Brake disc minimum thickness after machining, rear 28.6 mm
Brake disc wear limit, front 32mm
Brake disc wear limit, rear 28mm
Pad thickness, front and rear ~12mm
Pad thickness, front and rear (wear limit) 2mm
Peak-to-valley surface roughness of brake disc after machining (max.) 0.006 mm (just threw this in for the heck of it)

This should probably be in a FAQ.

Please and thank you.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
AllData is saying 28mm front and 20mm rear but they don't differentiate between base, S etc if that matters.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Rob. Those are wildly different from the reference I found, and seem a little small, especially the 20mm.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just installed new front rotors on the car, and my cheap plastic micrometer show the new ones at 28-29mm.

I will have to go back and see how I misinterpreted the manual. :thanks:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.