Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Cs with 20" Pirelli P-Zeros. I noticed a difference in tire wear on the rears with the L. tire showing outside wear. Had an alignment done and increased neg. camber to about -1.7 each side. The tires show an "outside" but no rotational indication. I have spent some time and the tread appears identical but shows opposite alignment from side to side(outside sipes-one side angles up, other side down). Have spoken to a Porsche service adviser about moving the tires from side to side and been told "absolutely not". I am willing to accept that but maybe a P9'er could explain the reasoning why the swap couldn't/shouldn't be done. Thanks

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have a 2014 Cs with 20" Pirelli P-Zeros. I have spent some time and the tread appears identical but shows opposite alignment from side to side(outside sipes-one side angles up, other side down).
I'm not sure what you are saying here, typos?
If the Pirelli Pi-zeros are directional, then you can not switch them. The increase in negative chamber will help with wear on the outside of the tires.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,107 Posts
How old was the service advisor? Tire tech has come a long way. Nowadays one can swap side to side without ill effects (directionals should dis/re-mounted). I've done it numerous times with track tires to compensate for different tracks and to even out the wear.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
PZero is non directional, you can rotate it side to side.

I don't see a big deal in rotate tire side to side as we do it on the track all the time to even out the tire wear.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The P Zero's have an inside/outside tread pattern (not directional). On the sidewall you will see "this side out". As long as this side is on the outside, you're good to go and swap side to side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts