Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A8I0zqctKE

If you don't want to watch the whole thing...

First: A GT3RS at 3:40 (with a cool thank you to boot)
Second: at 6:10
Third: at 8:50

...he finally starts getting a little aggressive at 10:25

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
As much as I am a 981 fan that's clearly a case of a better driver rather than a better car. :)

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
:) I should have said "... better driver rather than a faster car".

That said, I will acknowledge your point and offer this:

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
And you think it's a coincidence the better driver chose a 981?
Nice joke... but far from reality.

In respect of our 911 community, I'd prefer you add a wink or so to show you're just kidding.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Choosing to be offended is, well, a choice. As it exists in this thread? A choice without merit. Opinions are subjective of course, this being mine.

tl;dr: A sense of humour is a very good thing. :cheers:

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
And the GT3 was a GT3RS based on the paintscheme... I guess it could also be a case of not pushing it :)

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Not offended. Looks like it was a lovely day out there and the Boxter driver was clearly a pro what with the painted hat and the wobbly flourishes round the bends ;)

·
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
And the GT3 was a GT3RS based on the paintscheme... I guess it could also be a case of not pushing it :)
It was a GT3RS. :burnout:It was written on the side and had the larger wing. I edited my original post.

As much as I am a 981 fan that's clearly a case of a better driver rather than a better car.
Totally agree. It's also a case of the other drivers not pushing it ....especially the GT3RS. :) My takeaway is that a good driver can over come other deficits to win.

Reactions: 981FTW

·
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
:) I should have said "... better driver rather than a faster car".

That said, I will acknowledge your point and offer this:

After being amused by this gif and watching it about 10 times, I caught myself doing the same thing.....Seriously...watch it 10 times and you will unconsciously start doing it. lol

Reactions: 981FTW

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
After being amused by this gif and watching it about 10 times, I caught myself doing the same thing.....Seriously...watch it 10 times and you will unconsciously start doing it. lol
<nodding> Infinite loop.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
So, I was at a PCA track event last year and watched one of the PCA instructors driving a Kia Optima outdrive a number of Porsche cars including 981's and 997's. If track results were all that important, I would guess that you would all be out there buying Kia Optimas. As was said, a good driver can make any car look good. The 911's looked, to me, like they weren't pushing at all, very tentative. The 981 driver looked good, knew what he was doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A8I0zqctKE

If you don't want to watch the whole thing...

First: A GT3RS at 3:40 (with a cool thank you to boot)
Second: at 6:10
Third: at 8:50

...he finally starts getting a little aggressive at 10:25

Reactions: rjpeaks

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Reactions: michael818

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
You think? I tracked both a 997 GT3 and 981 Cayman S, and there's such a huge performance difference between the cars, that any GT3 owner with a competition license should easily run faster laps than a Porsche factory driver in a 981S. It wouldn't be close. When you have a track dedicated car that weighs just a little more than a car set up primarily for the street, and you have almost 100 extra HP, it won't be a contest. On the other hand if you have some guy with lots of money who has never bothered to enroll in a performance driving school and wets his pants at the first sign of over or under steer, than I suppose anything is possible.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I thought the entire thread was humorous and a wink only needed when serious. My mistake :naughty:

(Disclaimer: There was no wink available)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts