Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Boxster Base
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 981 Boxster Base. Under the nose in front of each front tire there are a pair of rubber air guides that divert air/debris to the sides of the tires. The outside air guide on the passenger side got sheered off. I have the replacement part which has 6 tabs that just snap into some slots on a plastic plate that may be part of the wheel well liner. I cannot get those tabs to snap in place.
Anyone have any experience here.
thx Mike

·
Registered
246 Posts
put some water soluble lubricant (KY jelly for example) on them, insert, then wash off with a hose.

PS, I came to this idea after I did this without the lube :mad:

·
Registered
34,343 Posts
What's the part number? I was unable to find it myself last time and one of mine is coming apart. Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Boxster Base
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's the part number? I was unable to find it myself last time and one of mine is coming apart. Thanks.
991-504-792-00 Flow Device
this is the right hand guide, driver’s side as viewed from rear. I believe the same guides are used for both wheels but don’t hold me to it. The Porsche parts diagrams could be better.

·
Registered
246 Posts
There are two guides for each side. But I think there is two part numbers, each side of the car gets 1each of both part number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts