Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the Craven Speed front license plate mount for the 981. It has never been used. I bought it a few years ago and then ended up registering my car in a state that didn't require a front license plate. In new condition, the box was only opened to take a picture of the item. It was $90 new, I will sell it for $50, including shipping.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I assume it would, but I am not positive. Also this is the version for cars without parking sensors so if your car has sensors, it may interfere.
I do not think it will fit. If I remember correctly, for some unknown reason Porsche changed to a left handed thread for the 981 from the normal right hand thread previously used. Check to see if the 981 mount has the left hand thread.

williamr

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not think it will fit. If I remember correctly, for some unknown reason Porsche changed to a left handed thread for the 981 from the normal right hand thread previously used. Check to see if the 981 mount has the left hand thread.

williamr
You are correct, it is a left handed thread. Are you sure the 718 isn't as well?

·
Registered
351 Posts
You are correct, it is a left handed thread. Are you sure the 718 isn't as well?
Actually it probably will fit. I was thinking 987 not 781 (982) when I read the post. As far as I know the 781 chassis is the same as the 981 except for suspension tune and modifications needed for turbo installation.

williamr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts