Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Cayman GTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. Picked up last year a 2015 Cayman GTS in carmine red with ~4500 miles. Absolutely love the car but have been itching for some modifications. For starters I've been researching the right wheel spacers for the look I want. I narrowed it down to a 7/12 set and I see Schnell Autosports has a combo deal. On the link i'll post it shows an yes/no option for "981 S/GTS/GT4 (2016+)" and I cannot figure out for the life of me what could possibly be different (and cost +$78). Are they saying any 981 S/GTS/GT4 needs to select yes? Or only the 2016+ models? Because didn't the 981 end in 2016 so why the +? Thanks!

Schnell Autosports 7/12 Spacer Set OEM, Genuine & Aftermarket Parts | Performance + Racing | Accessories

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S
52 Posts
My guess is the spacer itself will fit another model but something is different about the gts/4/s models... I see what your saying... but you have a 2016 plus/GTS, so that’s what you want and the amount is 78.00 more... check another brand (H&R)?

·
Registered
2015 Cayman GTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My guess is the spacer itself will fit another model but something is different about the gts/4/s models... I see what your saying... but you have a 2016 plus/GTS, so that’s what you want and the amount is 78.00 more... check another brand (H&R)?
The thing is I have a 2015 GTS. So I don’t know if there is something I don’t know specifically for the 2016 model. As if they mean 981 GTS and 2016 or if they mean 981 GTS or 2016+ models. I doubt there is but it’s confusing me since they’re the only brand I see with that option. I emailed them but they haven’t gotten back to me so I might just go with another brand. Some of the other brands don’t offer both 7 and 12 but I’ll find the closest I can. Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S
52 Posts
Must be a 2016 plus change, If yours is a 2015, then I’d check no, because it’s not a yes option for you... I have to buy spacers too... I want studded spacers. I think

·
Registered
469 Posts
Those are the exact ones I got for my 2015 and have been very happy with. Copy of my query and their reply below:

Comment: Help me understand the product page for the 7/12mm spacer set for a 981. There's a block to mark for an S/GTS/GT4 but only for 2016? My car is a 2015 Cayman GTS, just want to be sure the "base" option is what I want to order for proper fitment.
Thank you for contacting us! To answer your question, just select "no" you will be OK with the base option for your 2015 981 GTS.

·
Registered
2015 Cayman GTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those are the exact ones I got for my 2015 and have been very happy with. Copy of my query and their reply below:

Thank you for contacting us! To answer your question, just select "no" you will be OK with the base option for your 2015 981 GTS.
Thank you so much! Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you everyone for your replies; playing my order as we speak.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m certain something changed with 2016. 2015 and older Caymans did not come from the factory with 20” wheels. To my knowledge that was the first year 20” wheels were and option on ANY model Cay. I’ve always been under the impression wide tires (275 or more) wouldn’t clear pre 16 981 chassis.

anybody?anybody? Buehler? anybody?

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I’m certain something changed with 2016. 2015 and older Caymans did not come from the factory with 20” wheels. To my knowledge that was the first year 20” wheels were and option on ANY model Cay.
I have a 2015 and it came optioned with 20” wheels. I got it CPO but it showed up on the vin report so it was an option. I wouldn’t have ordered them myself but now that I have them they look amazing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
this discussion has gotten be interested in spacers...
So I have a 16 GTS, do I have to click the $78 dollar option? What’s the difference between the 15 and the 16?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I’m certain something changed with 2016. 2015 and older Caymans did not come from the factory with 20” wheels. To my knowledge that was the first year 20” wheels were and option on ANY model Cay. I’ve always been under the impression wide tires (275 or more) wouldn’t clear pre 16 981 chassis.

anybody?anybody? Buehler? anybody?
Sure they did. My 2014 CS (built in 2013) was the very first release of the 981 Cayman in the US, and it has had 20" factory Porsche Carrera style wheels on it ever since it was sitting in the middle of the dealer showroom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts