Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Are all the 981 models equipped with AGM type batteries from the factory? I'm getting mixed information in various searches where some say yes due to the auto start/stop function being harder on a battery, and others that dont seem to back this up.

The reason I ask is because I finally got a CTeK charger and I see it has a mode for AGM batteries. My car is in storage at the moment so I dont have access to it to look at the battery directly, but was wondering if this is a known thing or not and they all came with the same type battery in them?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Neither the 981 Spyder nor the GT4 have AGM batteries; they don't have Auto Stop Start. As far as I have seen, all the other 981 models have the AGM.

williamr

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neither the 981 Spyder nor the GT4 have AGM batteries; they don't have Auto Stop Start. As far as I have seen, all the other 981 models have the AGM.

williamr
Ok, thanks. Then I assume mine is AGM since I have the PDK and and auto S/S

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just a followup to anyone that might be searching for similar information later. The OE battery in my PDK 981 car was indeed a 70Ah, 760A AGM battery

·
Registered
364 Posts
Good to know that they are AGM batteries. I had one on my 2004 Miata and it was fine untilright up to the time I sold the car twelve years later.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know that they are AGM batteries. I had one on my 2004 Miata and it was fine untilright up to the time I sold the car twelve years later.
Wow 12 years is quite a life for a battery! My car is coming up on 5 years since its build date next month, and my battery isn't showing any signs of trouble despite me driving the car less than 4,000 miles per year. This is the first time its been connected up to a battery tender and the Ctek was showing green and all good within 24hrs so I think I'm going to ride this one out just a bit longer before pro actively changing it out.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I had AGM batteries in my Miatas, and they each lasted 12 years plus as daily drivers. Amazing. However, I have not gotten anywhere near that kind of life from my Boxster batteries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts