Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!

981 owners, how old are you?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, the "over 50 club" thread got me interested to find out where everyone sits age wise while we all are Porsche enthusiasts. I'm aware there is an old "planet 9 member age" post, but it's from 2011, so lets get a little updated.

How old are you now, and if you'd like to post, what is your career field?

I'm 26 (25 at time of car purchase), in Digital Marketing Analytics with a 981CS that I plan to eventually be my extra track car (currently DD).

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
32 when I got the CGTS, 33 when I got the Spyder, 35 now.

Independent database and business operations consultant.

·
Registered
437 Posts

Engineering at Georgia Power

·
Super Moderator
13,980 Posts
Hey guys, the "over 50 club" thread got me interested to find out where everyone sits age wise while we all are Porsche enthusiasts. I'm aware there is an old "planet 9 member age" post, but it's from 2011

Oops my bad, not sure why Interpol closed that thread but the 981 is now used car and the linked thread is when it would be a new car. So this poll is like a 987 poll for used buyers. Thats cool.

Reopened - my mistake :(

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
As the platform gets older and older, more younger folks buy in with used examples. I could have justified buying a new one in my early 40s, but didn't quite like it (until the 981 GTS). Therefore, bought my GTS (first and only Porsche) new at 54 (now 55). But it's nice to see younger buyers getting into the Porsche family early on. I only happen to like the 981 Cayman GTS, so won't be 'climbing' the Porsche car ladder;). This car will be it, and hope to justify keeping it for a long time (will make that decision before warranty expires).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Interesting thread, I did not expect there to be as many in their 20s.
I'm 23 and work in finance. It has always been one of my goals to own cool cars at a young age. Picked up my CS 3 months ago and I'm loving it so far.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Good thing I am moving to a 911.
Too old at 56 to own a 981.:taunt: :)
Gosh some of you guys are so young. I guess I will joining the geriatric crowd.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Good thing I am moving to a 911.
Too old at 56 to own a 981.:taunt: :)
Gosh some of you guys are so young. I guess I will joining the geriatric crowd.
Easy there buddy, you are but a sapling. Bought my CS two years ago when I was 61.

Reactions: Anand

·
Registered
897 Posts
I was 54 waited for my sons to graduate college, get their careers started and start their own lives.

Retired at 47 - started a business a few years ago as a private security consultant.

·
Registered
897 Posts
What kind of security?
DISCREET personal security and transportation arrangements for extremely affluent people who want to remain low key. I work on recommendation only.

I used to do celebrities but that's to hectic and has many other problems related to dealing with divas. My core clients are mid 50's business people that have net worths with a lot of 0's - they know what they want, where they need to be and exactly want time they need to be their.

Basically I'm a high end chauffeur that provides extremely talented security people that blend into the background.

Reactions: mrrippey

·
Registered
737 Posts
DISCREET personal security and transportation arrangements for extremely affluent people who want to remain low key. I work on recommendation only.

I used to do celebrities but that's to hectic and has many other problems related to dealing with divas. My core clients are mid 50's business people that have net worths with a lot of 0's - they know what they want, where they need to be and exactly want time they need to be their.

Basically I'm a high end chauffeur that provides extremely talented security people that blend into the background.
Coolest job, by far, here on the forum so far!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Coolest job, by far, here on the forum so far![/QUOTE

It's freaking AWESOME - I kind of fell into - it's honestly not like going to work. All of my clients treat me like family ( I never ever ever cross the line - remain 101% professional at all times ) they go to World Series I'm going, they go to the Stanley Cup - I'm there, Super Bowl - it's crazy.

My best client let me drive his 911 R on a private race track - that's how I got the Porsche bug.

The one part of the job that BLOWS is the hours can be rough. Sometimes I need to be up at 1 AM - that's rough, but he money is awesome.

Reactions: masti99

·
Registered
737 Posts
Coolest job, by far, here on the forum so far![/QUOTE

It's freaking AWESOME - I kind of fell into - it's honestly not like going to work. All of my clients treat me like family ( I never ever ever cross the line - remain 101% professional at all times ) they go to World Series I'm going, they go to the Stanley Cup - I'm there, Super Bowl - it's crazy.

My best client let me drive his 911 R on a private race track - that's how I got the Porsche bug.

The one part of the job that BLOWS is the hours can be rough. Sometimes I need to be up at 1 AM - that's rough, but he money is awesome.
Transporter, except, Cayman GTS, comes to mind here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
46. How the hell did that happen?
My '16 981 Spyder is my third Porsche, with a couple Lotus cars in between.
First was a new 2000 Boxster- at 29.

I've been driving fun cars since college- few things give me more pleasure than a joyride in a toy car with the wind in my (thinning) hair. Early Boxsters are still great cars, and can be had for a song.

Life is short- work hard, play harder.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.