Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I consider this a tangential topic to the one about 981 Owners and creating articles. After reading some of the initial responses to that other topic it occurred to me that several of our members do see a need for more 981 articles, BUT I'm not sure what the highest needs are, or what priority 981 owners would put them in. So, I'd like to ask 981 owners (or prospective owners) to list their top 5 (top 3 if you can't think of or don't need 5) articles that they'd like to see here on Planet-9.com in order of priority.

For example something like:

1) 981 Engine cover removal
2) 981 Brake Flush
3) 981 Bumper removal
4) 981 Stereo Head Unit Upgrade
5) 981 Door Panel Removal

Whatever it is you think you might need and cannot currently find in our Articles section. Let's compile a list and see what the needs are!

Thanks in advance for your answers!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would like:
(1) brake pad reviews and replacement articles
(2) OBD transmitter reviews/ how to articles
(3) track software reviews/ how to compile videos
(4) track camera mounting location points and hardware
(5) track tire /wheel recommendations reviews with suspension settings
(6) setting camber with stock suspension
(7) adding suspension upgrades (GT3 LCA) and setting camber based upon track type
(8) track location reviews and recommendations by turn. For example, Roebling Road, I can write about my experiences there with braking areas, speed in each turn, different lines I learned and local things such as primo pit areas , restaurants, hotels, etc.
(9) track school reviews and recommendations

if if you haven't guessed, I'm learning to drive on track and would like our members experience to write articles so I don't make the silly mistakes they have learned already. I would be happy to add my contributions to this list but my experience may not equal the junkies we have here already.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I would like the articles to be written for people who don't already have a lot of experience working on cars and include many pictures, or even better-videos. Some things I would like to see include...

1) Oil change tricks
2) brake pad replacement
3) brake fluid flush
4) Air filter change
5) Adjusting camber

Hope to see some in the future. Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My list would be (all 981):
1) Engine cover removal
2) Stereo head unit upgrade
3) Exhaust options (video/sound and measured power/torque improvement). (My ideal exhaust has a silent and a loud position, no low-end torque loss, and a beatiful sound. What´s that? Like a fifties Triumph Tiger 100 aluminium twin motorbike. I´m still dreaming of that sound).
4) The measured effect of relatively simple breathing improvements (and their sound as well!).
5) How effective are the various radar detectors and how well can you hide these? (Although the efectiveness is hardly 981 specific, mounting, operating and hiding it to some degree).
6) Where to put my water bottle? I want to drink some water in a safe way while driving, that means no looking for finding and putting away and nothing loose in the cabin.

Good initiative!

·
Registered
276 Posts
1.) Getting the car on 4 Jack Stands at home
2.) Spark Plug Change
3.) Accessory drive belt inspection and change
4.) Engine cover removal for the Cayman (there's a video for the Boxster)
5.) Complete engine and cabin air filter change for Caymans

·
Registered
851 Posts
I would like:
(3) track software reviews/ how to compile videos
(4) track camera mounting location points and hardware
I could probably have a go at that. I've written quite a bit about video and data already. I may have even found a good mount point.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
3) Exhaust options (video/sound and measured power/torque improvement).
+1 depending on how done; On other, non-Porsche forums, I've seen exhaust topics string out 125 pages, all posts "I have a a XYZ and I like it" and someone else "I have an ABC and I don't", but no real way to compare, just anecdotal stew.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts