Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to make up my mind on exhaust upgrades. I have heard a ton of audio clips and read lots of posts. My old 987 had PSE and I loved it but I also like the sound of the FVD. Aside from the obvious on/off switch for the PSE has anyone actually heard live or driven both of these? I live in a super rural area so it's hard to locate both of these to listen to in person all I have are youtube clips. Car is laid up for the winter but I want to do this upgrade 1st thing in the spring. Subjective question I know just looking for help deciding but I am sure I'll like either one. Thanks!
Jeff in PA

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
You can find most aftermarket exhaust youtube videos and have an idea what they sound like but can't really tell how loud they really are. When I took my 981 in for service, my SA said, the only option I'm missing on my 981 is PSE. He said, it'll be $2,500 plus to get it and it's half price for aftermarket and sounds the same.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Go with fvd. Best sound IMO and it increase performances.

I have it and no regret! And you can trust fvd, they are in motorsports!

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
There is also the poor-man's exhaust cheat that I first did on my 987 Cayman and just did tonight on my 981. 100% OEM and 100% reversible in about 5 minutes of effort. Not the most sophisticated sound....but definitely louder. Much fun at zero cost.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
If I were to get an aftermarket exhaust ... it's gotta be Capristo for the 987.

I'm not sure if Capristo makes one for the 981 cars. Other aftermarket ones for 981 are just so so in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
If I were to get an aftermarket exhaust ... it's gotta be Capristo for the 987.

I'm not sure if Capristo makes one for the 981 cars. Other aftermarket ones for 981 are just so so in my opinion.
They do, what's so great about it?

·
Registered
700 Posts
I love the way my FVD sounds on the 981S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is also the poor-man's exhaust cheat that I first did on my 987 Cayman and just did tonight on my 981. 100% OEM and 100% reversible in about 5 minutes of effort. Not the most sophisticated sound....but definitely louder. Much fun at zero cost.
what's the cheat? I would love to try it since it's free :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts