Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
485 Posts
Thank you everyone for running SOUL! We offer a forum discount and I'm happy to chat with anyone to make sure you're getting exactly what you're looking for. We're also gearing up to offer titanium tips should anyone here want to be one of the first to get their hands on a set! Please shoot me a PM if you have any questions or need a SOUL dealer referral.

-Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
To OP, Never heard a 3rd party Sport exxhaus but I bought an 981 S with Sport , Sport plus and PSE. The sound is glorious when you open up the car or even at low speed. I also own an Aston Martin so when it comes to sound, I am difficult to please. For that car, PSE makes the perfect sound and i would NEVER go back. I do now always drive with the exhaust button engaged. Put the car in Sport plus get a light traffic on smooth twisting roads or hiway and go for it! It is all senses and sound.

I read about some free flow header above. How much more power do we get out of these? As long as they don't destroy the sound, this sounds like a nice mod.

·
Registered
7 Posts
To OP, Never heard a 3rd party Sport exxhaus but I bought an 981 S with Sport , Sport plus and PSE. The sound is glorious when you open up the car or even at low speed. I also own an Aston Martin so when it comes to sound, I am difficult to please. For that car, PSE makes the perfect sound and i would NEVER go back. I do now always drive with the exhaust button engaged. Put the car in Sport plus get a light traffic on smooth twisting roads or hiway and go for it! It is all senses and sound.

I read about some free flow header above. How much more power do we get out of these? As long as they don't destroy the sound, this sounds like a nice mod.
Do you have the 981 S with PSE? Do you ever heard base 981 with PSE? I saw on the forum that the sound of the 2.7 is better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
You might look into the free Sound Package Plus. You slide the coupling between the mufflers to one side, increasing the exhaust tone and sound. With a little experimenting, There’s no drone.

Well done LarryB!

I detailed my car this morning and then got under it, loosened that coupling, started the car and slid the coupling back and forth. It goes from fully quiet when in place to a nice growl when the coupling is moved fully to one side. Reminds me of my Laguna Seca Mustang with the quad exhaust - I removed these little baffles from the side pipes and the exhaust just came alive, 10 minutes and zero cost.

I have quotes from Soul, my dealer for PSE and Pro1, so I'll run like this until the weather warms up in the North East and then decide on next steps.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts