Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been putting off buying these things for months but I finally did it last week. I ended up buying them from Design911 which was $200 less including shipping to Maryland from England than any United States based seller I found. Thanks to fd3s for providing pics of his tails here http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-...y-installed-981-styled-lights-my-987-2-a.html. It motivated me to get a pair of my own.

I decided to go with the normal red clear lights and maybe later on down the road apply my own tint to just the chrome/clear part via knifeless tape.

I did the best I could picture quality wise

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd assume so. They are all made by Jtek. I know Unique Style Racing used to sell the Revi MotorWerks brand version but they don't have them anymore. By the time I was ready to buy them they were gone. They had the best price before they sold out/stopped carrying them. I honestly don't think too many of them were made since the 987.2 sold at a lower volume than the 987.1. That what finally made me get them. I wanted to get a pair (please don't break) before they were gone. I honestly always hated the shape of 987.2 tails. They are just goofy looking to me compared to the 987.1. I am finally satisfied with how the rear end looks now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great choice and the new lights look great on your 987.2! The LED lights for the 987.2 are definitely looking old and tired as compared to the newer/current generation of LED lighting..

Enjoy it :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.