Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a Cayman GTS with the Sound Plus Package.
I already upgraded the headunit, and installed the Alpine wireless Carplay (100% recommended).
Now I would like to upgrade the OEM speakers to something better.
I don't know if adding an amplifier is needed, but the speakers are not holding well after you try to punch a little bit.

Any ideas on some models that will be a drop-in speaker upgrade?

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, perfect fit. I'm very happy now.
Only thing I would like to change are the speakers... they wont hold much after certain volume... I think a better quality speakers will do the trick... no need for amplifier.

Anyone know a "drop-in" speakers for our cars (Sound+)?

·
Registered
29 Posts
When the Suncoast install kit and an aftermarket head unit are used is all cross functionality with the car lost? I'm thinking of the audio functions displayed in the MFD, and the parking sensor display on the CDR31 screen. To be clear I have a base model audio system, not Bose or above and no nav.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got the same Alpine head unit you do and want to upgrade the speakers. What did you end up going with?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I've got the same Alpine head unit you do and want to upgrade the speakers. What did you end up going with?
Sean, I would love to check out the Alpine head unit on your car, would be possible for me to stop by one of these weekends to see it?
My CS has the standard radio and this is something I am seriously considering, PLMK thanks!

Gilles

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ended Installing the best head unit I ever found ! Joying ! It was a little job to fit because the screen is larger than the faceplate but hell, wayyyy better than the OEM radio... I did have to purshase the PCM 3.1 interface from Suncoast Porsche to connect my Bose amplifier.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sean, I would love to check out the Alpine head unit on your car, would be possible for me to stop by one of these weekends to see it?
My CS has the standard radio and this is something I am seriously considering, PLMK thanks!

Gilles
Anytime I'm in town I'd be happy to show you

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Thank you Sean!

Please let me know if you would be around any day during the Memorial weekend and I will drive to meet with you, thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts