Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gents,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the 981 exhaust bolts on to a 987.1? I recognize that the header flange to mid pipe is slightly different (981 has 2 bolt and 987 has 3 bolt). Aside from that, does everything else align?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

720 Posts
Hello gents,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the 981 exhaust bolts on to a 987.1? I recognize that the header flange to mid pipe is slightly different (981 has 2 bolt and 987 has 3 bolt). Aside from that, does everything else align?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It will not fit without significant modification. Thought the over axle pipes looks similar (aside form the flange) they are actually a different bend profile. I am not saying you couldn't get it to work, just saying that it might be easier to just get an exhaust made for the 987.1

Best,

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have no 981 expertise, but have dealt with 987.1 vs. 987.2 exhausts. The headers on the 987.1 are the same length to the flange, but since the cylinders are offset side to side the flange ends up being a couple inches further forward on the right hand side. On the 987.2 the headers are different lengths so that flanges end up in the same place on both side. Since they share the same basic engine and the headers look very similar (aside from the number of bolt holes on the flanges) I would guess that the 987.2 and 981 flanges end up in pretty much the same place. I can't speak for what happens downstream of that on a 981.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.