Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 981 CS (MT) with Sport Chrono but just the standard suspension. I've been reading up on the various suspension options along with Sport Chrono but am still a little confused.

Will this car ride any harder / more firmly than a similar car without Sport Chrono (whether or not it is engaged)? I want to think the answer is no and that it will ride exactly the same, but wanted to ask for confirmation.

Thanks for any info
Mark

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I found a 981 CS (MT) with Sport Chrono but just the standard suspension. I've been reading up on the various suspension options along with Sport Chrono but am still a little confused.

Will this car ride any harder / more firmly than a similar car without Sport Chrono (whether or not it is engaged)? I want to think the answer is no and that it will ride exactly the same, but wanted to ask for confirmation.

Thanks for any info
Mark
No, Sports Chrono has nothing to do with the suspension in your case. Those options would the be the sports suspension (X73) which is also a fixed suspension albeit lower ride with a more rigid and sports setup or the ride adjustable PASM or SPASM which is a combination of the sport and PASM setup. PASM setups have a dedicated button in the console to switch between ride firmness modes (little shock icon button)

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
If you are looking at changing the suspension, you may also consider coil over struts. I recently had an alignment that measured my corner weights. Though corner differences were not that bad, there was no way my X-73 suspension could be adjusted.. we have to accept what I have. ICNU is correct, Sport Chrono is all about "engine" mapping.. Although the sport/sport+ settings do stiffen the transmission mounts to firm up the rear end -- but nothing about ride.

d

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info ICNU and D&D, very helpful.

@D&D No not looking to change the suspension. I have no intention of tracking, and also the slope of my driveway precludes any ride height lower than the standard. I'm actually concerned a little about the standard ride height as even our Honda Accord scrapes a little if you don't take it at a slight angle :-( I've seen an aftermarket kit for the 718 to raise the front end for speed bumps/driveways/etc. but even if there was one for the 981 I think that's more than I'm willing to get into at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts