Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
File is editable / downloadable, so if any of you want to help out and modify the PDF so the hyperlinks start working, that'd be awesome. :hilarious:Otherwise, index is non-existent and there's over 6000 pages to weed through. Most of the good information starts around page 1000 and powertrain / suspension stuff is near the end. Looks like it covers Boxster, Boxster S, Cayman, Cayman S, Cayman Gt4, Boxster and Cayman "black series" for years 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. I imagine some of you have this version already. Wish I got the indexed version, but this is better than nothing and the info is still all there anyway. 213 mb download.

Edit: Index is actually there in the file, I just never noticed it. Thank you to those that pointed it out to me!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19BOqokjiMWSuEycqDE7NEtAYRn4ytrf4/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oh man finally! couldn't thank you enough! :)

One more addition: http://delaraspelle.com/porsche/Mobile Technical Library 1-17.zip (2.7 GB) has all the SIT documents of all porsche models, Porsche Training books, Porsche classic cars (911, 928, 944) workshop manuals, Diagnostic info of all the cars.

Now, with your manual I guess 981 info should be complete. Thanks again!

·
Registered
832 Posts
At 6000 pages and no index at first I thought this would be useless. However the PDF finder works and can be used to locate a subject. Takes a bit of time but beats paging through the document. lol

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
However the PDF finder works and can be used to locate a subject.
Hey, is it something you need to download separately, and if so, from where? ;) Thanks

Gang, is the Cayman GTS included? I'd like to know the factory X73 suspension specs, and compare them to a Cayman S X73, to make sure they're the same. Other than that, I'd only want the file for torque values , and maybe if I ever need to remove something, like the front bumper, etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
@ylk1: You know your a total car nerd when you read the SIT docs cover to cover. I love it!
Thanks!
Yeah! I keep reading them at office to stay awake. :)

Few more links:
Team Centre – Porsche Carrera Cup Australia has the SIT docs for 991.1 GT3 cup car. They even have the cosworth software!
Index of /car_docs/Porsche/GT3/Cup_car has the SIT docs for older (997) 911 R & RSR race cars.
https://www.elephantracing.com/tech-topics/991-cup-car-suspension-overview-and-gt3-comparison/ Great comparison between GT3 & GT3 cup car suspension.

I am itching to find out the detailed changes they made to the 991.2 GT3 car's engine (no more hydraulic tappets). However I couldn't find the new SIT manual anywhere. :(

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Excellent information!!! Thanks. Wonder if anyone has a workshop manual for the 2015 Macan? That would be very helpful.

·
Registered
193 Posts
For some reason all I get is a blank grey screen that says loading up in the top right corner...never actually does anything though. Do I have to have a google account to download this?

·
Vendor
6,503 Posts
Downloaded it just fine! Thanks!

·
Registered
668 Posts
May have been taken down... I get an error message "Whoops, error in downloading"...
I got an error in downloading the preview, but the file was fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
For some reason all I get is a blank grey screen that says loading up in the top right corner...never actually does anything though. Do I have to have a google account to download this?
May take a few minutes if bandwidth limited... i had that happen to me 1st time. I just waited a bit on my 2nd attempt and was successful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi gang. You guys might already know this, but the document submitted by the OP (THANK you BTW!) is already indexed - or at least has all the bookmarks! I was in the process on trying to figure out how to add links automatically (and somehow return the favor... ;-)) and while exploring clicked on the left side under bookmarks and VOILA - all the bookmarks showed up. Actually, it is neatly organized by the different sub-systems; i.e.: Brakes, Maintenance, Transmission, etc. There are a total of 15 sub-systems/groups and you can drill down on each one to access the different sub-sections and topics.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Adding my THANKS for posting this. Just digging up the torque specs for simple tasks has proven challenging. Super-helpful!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Many, many thanks!!! This is a great thread. Thanks Kaymano for the tip on the bookmarks!!!!! All thank Ylk1 for the SIT download !!!!!!!! You guys rocks!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts