Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is a re-post or old news, but there is a nationwide stop sale on certain Porsche models equipped with Sport Chrono option due to emissions irregularities that are being investigated.

See this 991 thread for more info: Stop Sale Campaign on 911 with Sport Chrono? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

I wonder why 2015-2016 981 Boxster S and Cayman S models (and GTS) are excluded, when 2013-2014 981s and 2012-2016 991 with same engines are included. I would think the 2015-2016 981s are almost identical mechanically (but maybe not in emissions software?).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Lawsuit brought by "Porsche Owners"...yeah right. More like busy body enviro-wackos that are only happy when crapping on other people's happiness.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lawsuit brought by "Porsche Owners"...yeah right. More like busy body enviro-wackos that are only happy when crapping on other people's happiness.
LOL but I wouldn't mind Porsche buying back my 981 with top dollars, I agree with you but don't agree with these shady sneaky defeat technologies, honesty first.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I was one of the burned ones in Dieselgate so I went to spend 30 min on Rennlist and read about it.

Fact 1 : My current grocery-getter is VW. That should tell you how mad I am at them.

Fact 2 : the only person involved in Dieselsgate that needs investigating and eventually going to prison is the judge who was the only authority deciding what happens to the owners and their property. I never got a choice to keep my property as-is and lose money - which I consider illegal and unnecessary confiscation of my property.

See, I didn't think for even a millisecond that VW owes me anything more than a vehicle I already had. It was working perfectly well - and much better than a current one, which works flawlessly. But I like turbodiesel much more than turbo gasoline for grocery getting duties. If greedy bastards wanted the money from VW, they could take it - just don't involve me and I get to keep my property as-is. But that was the ONLY one not available on the list of choices.

This has a bad smell all over it. I just cannot understand people whose only high point in their miserable lives is to make life of others miserable. You know what? In a global market of roughly 70-80 millions new vehicles sold, 70,000 sports cars (rough estimate for total output of Porsche, Laborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Corvette ...) in the mix make same difference as a fart in hurricane winds. Can we just please leave them alone? Really? By going after 0.1% of worldwide production you think you will help ... whom exactly?

Just go crawl under a rock and die already so others can live peacefully. If this seems too harsh, just look at what dieselgate hysteria did. Then immagine a future without NA engines first, then ICE after that - in a sports car, of course. You don't need any of the above in a grocery getter, but I cannot fathom a sports car without NA ICE in it.

As they say in Texas ... some people just need killing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
The amazing part is that VW was let go with just a slap in the wrist, the company should have been taken apart and all the involved should have been prosecuted and incarcerated, VW not only committed fraud but also caused huge monetary damage and most importantly damaged the environment and human lives were lost. Imaging some drug cartel does this the world will want them to take them apart but VW crates this disaster no one cares after 6 months, extremely appalling, this shows how the world is F up.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Notwithstanding the merit of the suit, it appears to my non-lawyer brain that the plaintiffs are claiming that Porsche sold cars with shorter gearing than that used in the testing. The shorter gearing meant performance increased as did emissions. How ironic, considering the amount of whining about long gearing in Porsches.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The amazing part is that VW was let go with just a slap in the wrist, the company should have been taken apart and all the involved should have been prosecuted and incarcerated, VW not only committed fraud but also caused huge monetary damage and most importantly damaged the environment and human lives were lost. Imaging some drug cartel does this the world will want them to take them apart but VW crates this disaster no one cares after 6 months, extremely appalling, this shows how the world is F up.
The earth will outlive people, and it won't even be close.

This is bs that didn't hurt the environment in any measurable amount.

·
Registered
941 Posts
You know, this kind of “cheating” could be entirely avoided by pulling new vehicles at random off lots for testing and then just sending a bill for the vehicle to the manufacturer, rather than “asking” the manufacturer to provide the vehicle.

In related news the 718 GT4 has a suboptimal gearing for 2nd which just happens to be the gear they do emissions testing in. Porsche claims it wasn’t technically possible to offer the car with a shorter ratio in 2nd. That seems... unlikely.

If plan A is to just send the testers a car “optimized” for the testing procedures, then plan B is to just dump a specific modification on consumers knowing you’re under scrutiny.

I agree that all of this is silly from both a legal and environmental standpoint. But I also think that Porsche could have done right by their customers and just eaten the extra emission charges. I mean it’s not like they aren’t wildly profitable on each vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts