Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would be a little careful as I have just had the Cargraphic Plenum and GT3 throttle body fitted to my 987 Boxster S. Although the engine appears to run smoother I have also noticed it looses quite a lot of low-end torque (2-5K rpm). Admittedly it breaths better from 5000rpm to 7000rpm but it has changed the characteristics of the engine which some may not prefer.

I checked the standard plenum when I got back and there is a butterfly inside which I assume is part of the variable intake system. There is no butterfly on the Cargraphic so this would explain the loss of torque plus the larger throttle body. I guess the obvious thing would be to get the engine remapped to take account of the changes but without this I find it unbelievable they quote figures of 20 odd HP for this mod on its own. It is a costly mod to do and to be honest I do not consider its worth the effort. To make clean overtakes now you have to down change whereas you didn't have to do this before.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.