Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best TPMS for a 2008 Cayman S - I know HUF is best, but is any of the other brands that are lesser money a proven result to work?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Search is your friend and there is also a site sponsor on here. OE Wheels sells a Titan brand I believe, for about half the cost of HUF. And they work just fine.:cheers:

P.S. The sponsor is listed under Titan TPMS.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have a set from Titan that have not yet been installed, but I have a question. The instructions that come with the sensors talks about "programing " the sensor before installation. What is that all about? Is each car different? Do they come pre-programed from Titan? Can only a Porsche dealer do this?

·
Banned
2,307 Posts
I carry the oem huf and the universal programble huf (cheaper). At a very competative price. Remember it's at least 80 dollars to remove and remounts wheels. Lemon

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I have a set from Titan that have not yet been installed, but I have a question. The instructions that come with the sensors talks about "programing " the sensor before installation. What is that all about? Is each car different? Do they come pre-programed from Titan? Can only a Porsche dealer do this?
No, there is no programming. Just get them installed, go to your dash computer and switch from summer tires to winter tires then back again (or vice versa, depending where you started from), and then drive for about 10 minutes. Done!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Same boat as you. Last week I did my research and bought EON 433Mhz from OEWheels. Putting them in on Friday.

You'll want to grab your VIN # and call your dealer to find out the exact frequency that your model takes. The 2007/2008 had varying analog/digital signals with varying Mhz (315 vs 433). So this is important.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Bought the Titan Black version at the start of winter for my winter set up. No problems sync'ing with the car.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have ITM's which were very cheap and working flawless for two years running so far. Less than $200 for 4! Stay clear of the dealer unless you have deep deep pockets. Any of this sites vendors can get you the right units at great prices.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Search is your friend and there is also a site sponsor on here. OE Wheels sells a Titan brand I believe, for about half the cost of HUF. And they work just fine.:cheers:

P.S. The sponsor is listed under Titan TPMS.

I contacted a sponsor and Titan was not given to me as an option.

·
Registered
183 Posts
remember that if you drive home with the old sensors in your car that it may detect "too many sensors" and give you an error until you remove the old sensors.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
If you search for wheels for your car you can click to TMPS sensors on tire rack website... But it does not indicate the brand of the sensor.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts