Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone can confirm that the 987.1 capristo exhaust for the boxster and Cayman are the same? I have a 987.1 boxster capristo exhaust I want to install on my 2007 Cayman S and wanted to confirm there would not be any issues. thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I asked capristo and all they could confirm is that one flange maybe at a different angle but not whether or not the boxster system would work in the cayman. Are there any actual differences in the OEM exhausts or the underside areas of the cars in the exhaust area?

I was curious if anyone else may have actual experience in trying this before.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Cayman and Boxster exhausts are the same. Go for it.

That said, I'd love to buy it off you if you don't want to bother!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I recently installed an AFe Power exhaust on my 2007 Cayman, that was previously installed on a gen 1 Boxster. No issues. with fitment.

803 Posts
OneSlow987,

The 987.1 Boxster and Cayman have the exact same exhaust system. We have found no differences between the two and the products we offer for both vehicles are exactly the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finished the installation this weekend. I wanted to follow up and confirm that even though the boxster and cayman capristo exhausts have different part numbers they are interchangeable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts