Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Cayman has an odd issue going on with the window indexing feature (lowers on opening, rises on closing).

I have tried the relearning feature multiple times without any change

Both doors when the door is opened will lower the window from it's current height (even not at max) and then when the door is closed it will not raise. When the door handle is pulled slightly the window itself will also not drop until the door is completely opened.

If I open and close the door I can successfully lower my window completely if done enough times.

Removing the door panel is not difficult but I've seen people replace the microswitches, door handles, etc without it being fixed.

Just looking for additional insight.

·
Administrator
34,413 Posts
My 2006 Cayman has an odd issue going on with the window indexing feature (lowers on opening, rises on closing).

I have tried the relearning feature multiple times without any change

Both doors when the door is opened will lower the window from it's current height (even not at max) and then when the door is closed it will not raise. When the door handle is pulled slightly the window itself will also not drop until the door is completely opened.

If I open and close the door I can successfully lower my window completely if done enough times.

Removing the door panel is not difficult but I've seen people replace the microswitches, door handles, etc without it being fixed.

Just looking for additional insight.
After my GT4 went in for service I have this same issue plus the auto-up and auto-down feature on the drivers door no longer works, but it works on the passenger door. Any ideas?

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have all kind of window issues. Driver side ...Intermittent closing the small drop when closing the door. The passenger window don't drop at all when opening the door. The passenger window works ok when fully opening or closing. If i open the window half way and then try to close it with the switch pushing up, the window goes down instead of raising. Really frustrating to say the least.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The passenger window works ok when fully opening or closing. If i open the window half way and then try to close it with the switch pushing up, the window goes down instead of raising. Really frustrating to say the least.
Did you ever figure this out? My car does the exact same thing, it is driving me nuts!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Sorry no. I am waiting for my next visit for service. Let me know if you find out anything and I will do likewise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts