Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been beaten to death but I can't find anything off google specifically for a 987 Cayman S solution.

I have a 2007.

Replaced my steering wheel with an OMP/Momo hub specific to the car.

Went with a Renown 130R wheel in black alcantara and red stitching.

We tried 2 separate 3ohm resistors into the air bag prongs but the light is still on.

Anyone out there find a fix? What resistors? And pictures maybe, of how you situated the resistors, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Think I'm right in saying that once the system is tripped and the airbag light comes on. Even if you get the right resistor in there that would not throw the code, you have to get that original code cleared before it will go out? Had this with a door airbag i forgot to plug in before I put the battery back in the car. It threw the code and even with the plug back in I had to get the car plugged in and the code cleared.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Agree with all. I also bet you'll have to clear the code yourself. I don't think any dealer will take the legal responsibility of reseting the airbag light on a car with no steering wheel airbag. IMHO

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had no problem here in the UK getting it done by a dealer while I was picking up a new window regulator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.