Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Great video. Keep them coming. I like the honest content. Not many people will show actual problems .
Thanks! It would definitely be easy to make it all look easy and perfect during editing but I try to be as honest as possible. At the end of the day it’s not rocket science but the lack of available info makes it significantly harder than your typical American or Japanese engine build.

·
Registered
866 Posts
It is black magic with these cars. Nobody wants to share info. Maybe you can break the ice. I would love to do what you are doing. Except for the money part, I guess.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
It is black magic with these cars. Nobody wants to share info. Maybe you can break the ice. I would love to do what you are doing. Except for the money part, I guess.
Haha, luckily we got a great deal on the pile of parts that SHOULD become a 3.8 as well as the used TPC turbo kit. I’ll do everything I can to shed light on the process, as I hate how secretive it all is and how much markup there is on aftermarket rebuilds.

·
Registered
368 Posts
there is a 996 997 987 Facebook group that shares all sorts of loaner tools, info, and procedures. Raby comments in there all the time so I know this group know their stuff.

Its not really black magic just have to know where the engine builders hang out. There is also a DVD coming out with rebuild tutorials.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
there is a 996 997 987 Facebook group that shares all sorts of loaner tools, info, and procedures. Raby comments in there all the time so I know this group know their stuff.

Its not really black magic just have to know where the engine builders hang out. There is also a DVD coming out with rebuild tutorials.
I hadn’t seen that group, appreciate the heads up!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Man, I feel ya. I've been working on a 928 resurrection that has been nothing but a fist fight. Keep on truckin. It has to get better.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I've been anxiously awaiting the day you had to do those wrist pin installs. It's a crazy system and sounded like it would be a challenge. Watched this new video, and yep! Just as bad as I feared.

I can imagine your frustration when you discovered those holes don't line up.

Good luck! We're all pulling for you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I've been anxiously awaiting the day you had to do those wrist pin installs. It's a crazy system and sounded like it would be a challenge. Watched this new video, and yep! Just as bad as I feared.

I can imagine your frustration when you discovered those holes don't line up.

Good luck! We're all pulling for you.
Thanks Greg, appreciate it!

·
Registered
866 Posts
I can not imagine what you are going through. It has to get better, right ? At least you dont have the corona thing....

81 - 100 of 109 Posts