Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my used 987.1 Fabspeed Supercup Race Exhaust. Contact me for details.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Went with the Fabspeed Maxflo. Should have gone with the supercup or Borla. The Maxflo even with 4,000 miles is just too quiet. A little burble but almost mute. Zero pops and cracked. Figment wasn't easy and I've re-installed once. It says out of the bumper. Check engine light goes on intermittently but that may be totally unrelated and just a bad O2 sensor. Scan notes heat drop across cat, etc... Finish, welds, etc look very nice. Overall I made the wrong call.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Went with the Fabspeed Maxflo. Should have gone with the supercup or Borla. The Maxflo even with 4,000 miles is just too quiet. A little burble but almost mute. Zero pops and cracked. Figment wasn't easy and I've re-installed once. It says out of the bumper. Check engine light goes on intermittently but that may be totally unrelated and just a bad O2 sensor. Scan notes heat drop across cat, etc... Finish, welds, etc look very nice. Overall I made the wrong call.

An update:

I currently have Fabspeed cats and maxflow cat back system. I had initially just installed the cat back system and was really not crazy about the sound. Just was not loud enough. I had commented as such on the planet-9 forum and one of their employees reached out to me. This was perfect timing as my factory cats had died and were throwing a CEL. Fabspeed graciously agreed to help.

We shipped the cat back to them. For a MINIMAL fee the added the tracktech bypass valves, completely replaced all tubing except the mufflers themselves and added an x-tip. It was then that I installed the Fabspeed cats as well. The results are glorious! It is now has two modes: either aggressive or wildly raw. I'm very satisfied! They were under no obligation to do any of this but stood by the expectation of a single customer. To confirm the CEL had nothing to do with Fabspeed, just my failing factory cats.

The fit and finish are excellent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts