Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a small mishap with my cayman which requires new front bumper. Good news is that body shop can install rennline wire mesh while cover is off. Question on center vent, I have a manual so no transmission cooler, and rennline mesh is designed (I think) to fit into PDK version. Does anyone know if the center cup on manual version is in 2 pieces so the center vent can be installed? Or would I have to cut the existing center cup to make it fit? I wouldnt think changing the airflow would have any impact since its open on the PDK version.

Thanks

Randy

·
Registered
259 Posts
The cover over the center opening is removable, without cutting. If / when a third radiator kit is installed though, a few square openings need to be cut on the bottom surface of the bumper cover, to allow airflow through the radiator and out underneath the car. But if you plan to just leave the center blank, and just put mesh there, it's your call whether to leave the cap in place, or remove.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Going to try and take it off tomorrow and see if the mesh fits and if so how it can be attached. Apparently the PDK version has a fitting that goes around the center vent that the rennline grill attaches to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts