Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My contact at COBB feels my battery may be weak so i will have it checked this weekend. Also going to see if the dealer can update the software on my PDK, which is an early generation, which COBB's PDK tune doesn't support, and which is a dealer only upgrade.

At this point, my efforts to tune are not working out very well ... the ECU 93 oct map won't hold without throwing a error codes and going into limp-mode, and I can't load the PDK map due to software issues. Oh well, I am stubborn on this type of thing, and will keep at it to see if I can resolve both issues. Will provide updates. What I can say is that the guys at COBB are working hard to resolve this so I can't blame them for their efforts whatsoever ... they are good guys who care about their products.

· Registered
571 Posts
I got a softronics re map on my 987.2, 2.9L. I've never had any issues at all.. I don't know how much improvement was made.. Probably very small.. I was told there is very little overhead on the 2.9. The the throttle response and mid range torque seemed the biggest changes.. But that is just the butt dyno talking..
Mainly...no CEL.... No other issues... At all.
I will never understand the fascination with the Cobb tune. The Softronic is much better in upgrading performance, and remarkably free of glitches in my experience and, apparently those of others as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts