Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any before and after dyno runs with the cold air intake install. I am considering installing it but would like to know it works versus just hoping it works!!!

Thanks, Mike

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I've done it to my car but I haven't dyno'd it. BGB Motorsports provided mine and they swear by it. But I've heard from at least two competent Porsche shops that they are not so impressed by it.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Sorry MikeW968, I just saw your reply to this thread. I love the diesel. Serious love. 18 months old with 35K on the clock. I never thought I would like an SUV this much. Excellent build quality, great ride and handling. Very functional layout. Awesome fuel economy and range. Not uncommon for me to get well over 700 miles on a tank of fuel.

I like the cold air intake largely because of the noise it creates in the cabin. It's quite loud on the inside. I have race headers plus a Fabspeed "street" exhaust. The car is not very loud on the outside. I like the intake noise because it is a constant reminder to commit more fully to the gas pedal! The cold air intake would be unacceptably loud in a street car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts