Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My 09 987.2 Cayman has shown engine check light with a red exclamation point.

This is what my Vietnam Porsche dealer show me when reading the error. They said it has something to do with the emission then send me home since it's not series and the service center is fully booked all week. They will need to remove lots of thing before reaching to that part so it will take time to figure out what's really wrong.

The problem is that it's on and off. First i thought it has something to do with the petrol quality but i put in the best in town and also add the bottle that Porsche gives me that supposed to make the petrol qualtiy better. I will update the name later.

I've attached the error. Please help!

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
some codes are stored forever and doesn't trick check engine light.
i think the right ways is to clear all, let it run until CEL comes up again and then check the codes.

my guess first 2 errors are the one that you should deal with.
Can the dealer do activations on the secondary air injection system to see what component is not functioning properly?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Those are not serious issues, so your dealer is correct that you will not cause damage waiting for them to repair it. Your best bet is to drive it as little as possible until you can take it for repairs. Don't worry, it will be OK. Your engine is not blowing up.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Secondary air injection exists for the sole purpose of blowing extra air into your intake the first 30 seconds after you start it to get the catalytic converter and o2 sensors hot as quickly as possible. It's just dead weight after that and has no other impact to your car and is totally NOT worth a giant red ! for; they really need a 'meh' icon or some other 'ignore me' light for stupid stuff like this. It's not necessarily a SAI problem, but the car will throw this code if it gets unexpected o2 readings on startup- I had it once on my 986S due to accidentally knocking a vacuum line off the accumulator when I changed the AOS and drove it like that for a month before I figured it out. If something was seriously wrong, you would get different codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.