Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

987.2 LED side markers now throwing marker out code

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gubi 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Watched a few videos on 987 LED conversions. Low beam headlights look great! Got the P3’s from Serious LED lights, the fogs are Arctic blue same supplier look great. Here is where the problems start... Ordered the amber turn signal off the website which should be compatible based on my selections, not even close it says model 1156. The side markers I ordered in amber also, model T10. where shipped in white, which I don’t think is legal since they are blinding. To top it off now I’m throwing codes for my side markers being out. Any suggestions for the codes? I’m exchanging the mistakenly sent bulbs; side markers and turn signals. Just would rather not throw codes.. Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
So I switched my 987.2 side markers from the amber lens to the Porsche white ones (both incandescent.) Ever since then I've been getting codes in Durametric for both side markers. Doesn't make sense to me since when I checked the bulbs they seemed the same besides the color, but there must be some subtle difference that's tripping the warning.

Anyway, my point is that the side marker warning seems super sensitive, even with incandescents. If you're only getting codes when you check with Durametric but aren't getting any warnings while driving, I would suggest just ignoring them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.