Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

After reading that some of the gen 1 cars consume a bit of oil, I was curious about the gen 2 cars and the new motor. To date, my '09 after 4500 miles and two track days has consumed a whopping 1/4 qt of oil (sarcasm intended). I am quite happy about this. What has been your experience?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I like to do a bit of aggressive/spirited driving.

6000km and my car drank up 2L of oil :hilarious:

·
Registered
607 Posts
My 997.2 S with PDK had oil topped off, one line below the very top on the oil reading, and after 1500 miles, the car said to check the oil, when I did, the very lowest bar was flashing....

Turns out they consume some oil during engine break in.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
4000km & no change in the oil level (garage reading)

Question: Whenever I take the oil level reading in my garage the level is sitting on max, whenever I take a reading at my office carpark the oil reading is one segment below max??? very strange in deed. However I always consider my garage as the base.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2009 Boxster S has used 3/4 quart in 5000 miles.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
I have to buy 9 quarts per year whether I like it or not :)

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I haven't read that gen 1 cars burn oil excessively. In 4500 miles since I bought my CS the oil indicator hasn't moved at all.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
4000km & no change in the oil level (garage reading)

Question: Whenever I take the oil level reading in my garage the level is sitting on max, whenever I take a reading at my office carpark the oil reading is one segment below max??? very strange in deed. However I always consider my garage as the base.
Thats normal.
The tilt of the car effects the sensor reading. Always do it on a level surface.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Thats normal.
The tilt of the car effects the sensor reading. Always do it on a level surface.
I figured that much, but the gradient of my garage is ever so slight, however I know that my work carspace is dead level. The oil level sensors must be very sensitive!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts