Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed with my 987.2S PDK downshifting is not as smooth as I would've thought. I recently drove an M3 DCT and downshifts had the throttle blip and the transition was smooth (as it rev matched properly). I currently do not have the Sport Chrono on my PDK car - is this why the transmission won't properly rev match on down shifts? It will go down a gear and hit the right RPM but does not rev match all the time - I believe the 981 PDK does rev match each down shift.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
PDK in a 987.2 isn't as smooth as the version in the 981, especially downshifting. Our 2012 CS has PDK and Sport Chrono, and in non-Sport mode it doesn't noticeably blip on downshifts. In Sport and Sport+ mode it blips, but not as smoothly as the 981/991 PDK.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see - thanks for the quick response. I guess next step for me is to go to the dealer and get the Sport Chrono installed! It's a bit disappointing after some spirited driving that the downshifts aren't as seamless and rewarding as I would've liked.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Retrofitting Sport Chrono you don't get the clock...but you get all the other features of the system.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it a dramatic difference while in sport mode? I'm primarily focused on the downshifting as the upshifts are seamless as it is.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
The difference in Sport and Sport+ mode is quite pronounced. If you can get your hands on a 987.2 or 997.2 with PDK and Sport Chrono at a dealer, it will confirm that the cost to retrofit is worthwhile.

Reactions: 987hunter and Arch
1 - 6 of 6 Posts